WMC only uses tuner1 and tuner2 on HDHR Prime, not tuner0

MarkGSD

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC only uses tuner1 and tuner2 on HDHR Prime, not tuner0

Post by MarkGSD » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:10 pm

My WMC is only using the last two tuners on my HDHomeRun PRIME. It doesn't use tuner0 and will give me a recording conflict if I want to record a third cable show, rather than using that tuner. However with tuner1 and tuner2 in use, if I bring up the HDHomeRun app on my phone, it will use tuner0 so I know tuner0 works. The PRIME from 2016 has the latest 20221205 firmware. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Space

Post by Space » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:18 pm

NOTE: You posted this twice in the forum, you may want to edit/delete the other one before people start replying to both.

You can "Edit Channel" (in the program guide, select from the menu on the channel number) and then "Edit Sources" and see all the tuners that a channel will try to use, make sure all three tuners have a check mark next to them.

If this is your issue, then it can be tedious to change EVERY channel to include the third tuner. There are probably easier ways to do it, one way MIGHT be to disable the entire channel and then re-enable it (from WMC or from EPG123 client tool), but I am not sure that would work, you can try it with one channel as a test.

MarkGSD

Post by MarkGSD » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:58 pm

Thanks! I must have hit the wrong button to preview. Dupe deleted.

Unfortunately, 'Sources' is only showing tuner1 and tuner2. Disabling a channel and then enabling it doesn't add back the 3 turner. It does however add back a tuner that disappeared when I tried using the "Split" option. LOL.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:12 pm

It sounds like when you set up your Prime tuners you didn't have all of them selected to be added. You may need to re-setup your prime tuners in WMC to get the third one added. (there are check boxes for which tuners to add when setting them up) Did you set up recently or is this long standing and using the third tuner used to work?

MarkGSD

Post by MarkGSD » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:12 am

I've been very lazy. It's been a long standing issue which I just haven't had time to research. I've had the PRIME since 2016 when I started using WMC. If I recall correctly, I think WMC was in fact using all three tuners. To re-setup my PRIME, I will use Tasks>TV>TV Signal>Setup TV Signal.

MarkGSD

Post by MarkGSD » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:36 am

I used Tasks>TV>TV Signal>Setup TV Signal and it worked. Checking a cable channel in the guide and doing "Edit Sources", it now shows all 3 tuners. Not sure how I "lost" one of them. During Setup TV Signal I said no to the WMC guide data since that's now gone. So no Guide was available. I fixed that by re-running Gary's wonderful EPG123 to update the guide which then displayed correctly

Thanks!
Mark

Space

Post by Space » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:43 pm

Nice! Glad you got it to work! Have fun with your 50% increase in simultaneous recording capacity!

MarkGSD

Post by MarkGSD » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:29 pm

Thanks! And thanks for the advice! I checked it out earlier this evening and saw all 3 of the PRIME tuners recording. Yipee! LOL.

As an added benefit of redoing the TV Setup, I gained more channels. It picked up a few more cable card channels, and more of the x.x type channels from the 4 OTA tuners.

Thank you again!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mark