Service is Unavailable

jriker1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Service is Unavailable

Post by jriker1 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:19 pm

Hi have what I believe is a completely setup WMC instance of Windows 7 in a Hyper-V session with the Ceton connected to the virtual and setup with network tuning of the four tuners (infinitv 4). Can get into details if it helps. The xBox 360 comes up and loads media center after entering the 8 digit code and then when I try to turn a channel with my cablecard I get on the XBox:

Service is Unavailable
There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel.
The channel may be temporarily off the air. Try again later.

If I look at the 192.168.200.1 info on the tuners it shows the selected channel tuned in and PLAYING (tried both like channel 2 and 189 so analog and digital). Nothing in the logs at this point when this happens. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Note when I tune a channel thru the extender everything in the Ceton logs looks good with tuning the channel. I also should have noted I have the firewalls turned off entirely both in the VM and the Hyper-V server.

SalmonSurprise

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by SalmonSurprise » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:22 pm

What happens if you try to watch a channel in the virtual instance of WMC on the computer? Does that work? If that doesn’t work, the extenders probably won’t work either since they get the signal from WMC, not directly from the tuner.