Black screen, No audio/video Win7

passinos

HTPC Specs: Show details

Black screen, No audio/video Win7

Post by passinos » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:07 pm

Running 2 Cablecard tri-tuners for years. last night at 9pm screens went black.
Comcast.
2 Win7 MCE detect and see tuners but No sounds or Video in HDhomerun App or MCE.
1 Win10 using HDHomeapp App works fine.

is there some new DRM issue in Win7 preventing HDHomerun App/MCE?

a440guy

Post by a440guy » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:55 pm

I too am experiencing several channels with no video ("there is no signal on this channel") and some with audio but no video. My cable provider is Cox. I'm using an HDHomerun tuner. I re-scanned all the channels using HDHomerun Setup. I've swapped CableCards, swapped tuning adapters, and even swapped the HDHomerun tuner with no luck. Technicians have verified that I am receiving all the channels by hooking up a set-top box. I doubt that it's a DRM issue, as I am able to play all the recorded video that's copy-protected.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:53 pm

Might try over in the SiliconDust forum They might be willing to look at the debug output and tell you what is going on even though they currently are not offering a cablecard product.

a440guy

Post by a440guy » Tue May 10, 2022 5:16 pm

I discovered that COX has now now marked every channel as copy-protected, except the "over-the-air" channels. So, this implies that it is a DRM issue. I can tune those channels and record them, but when viewing them or playing the recordings, I get audio but no video. Curiously, when I move the slider, I can see images on the slider (as always), which suggests to me that there IS video but it doesn't appear when I play the recording.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue May 10, 2022 6:37 pm

There is a known intel bug on copy protected h.264 streams If your video is intel chip based you may be hitting that problem:
viewtopic.php?t=10542
Edit: I see by your profine your video is Intel based. You are probably hitting that problem. Try a non-Intel based video card.