504 gateway time-out at script/zap2xml.pl line 365

philipt95148

HTPC Specs: Show details

504 gateway time-out at script/zap2xml.pl line 365

Post by philipt95148 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:38 pm

I have been running EPG Collector 4.3FP 23 since April 2020 without an error but starting yesterday, I have the error note above and the script is running in a loop without terminating.
I created a new batch file, thinking the old one has corrupted but it still does the same thing.

I noticed in the last successful batch, there was a change to channel number, 46.3 which is normally Bounce changed to 26.3. This caused WMC to record comedy series instead movies which I manually selected off the guide. Guide was showing movie titles etc but recording was of different programs.

Research on line tell me Gateway time-out is related to server connectivity.
So i tried the following elimination:
1. Rolled back my system to an earlier time
2. Login to Zap2It from another device, I got the TV line up.
3. Created a new Zap2It profile
4. Run another extraction.

Still time out code!

I'm out of idea!
Anyone has this error and a solution.

TIA

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:59 pm

I think you'll get more helpful responses from the maker of epg collector here.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. You might be using epg collector, but the question is really about zap2xml. Has Zap2it finally found a way to block it?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:07 am

Wild guess here but has zap2it made any changes to their allowed cypher suites?

philipt95148

Post by philipt95148 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:35 pm

Possible!
However I have not seen this error reported elsewhere.
I even tried to run the extract from a completely different PC on a different network/wifi outside of my home, but still get the same error code!
But getting TV guide from Zap2It on their website is OK!
Not sure what to do next.

jdengr

Post by jdengr » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:29 am

My HTPC is set to acquire guide data using zap2xml.exe and the java file xmltv-to-mxf. This is a scheduled task and usually runs without me seeing it.

However, I did happen to catch it running last Sunday (11/21) and I saw the same error. Although the error was repeating, I don't think it was in a loop and the process did terminate.
My normal update takes about 30 minutes, this one took at least an hour.
I spot checked the guide data into future days until it ran out and everything looked normal. So the gateway timeout errors did not affect the guide data.
I have a friend that I set up with the same software and I had him watch the process on his HTPC tonight. He did not see and gateway time-out errors.

Maybe this is just some internet connection problems with the Zap2it website? I plan to watch the process at the next scheduled run and see if the errors occur again.

philipt95148

Post by philipt95148 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:56 pm

Thanks for replying.
Whatever issue there was at Zap2It, it has now cleared!
Would you mind sharing your scheduled task set up?
I was never able to get it to run even though I made sure to run it in admin mode without user password etc.
The task simply didn't run!
TIA

jdengr

Post by jdengr » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:10 am

I watched my HTPC update the guide the last two time the process ran and did not see any timeout errors. i guess it was just a temporary problem on the Zap2it site.

My HTPC runs in admin and I just created a task that runs a .bat file every week. The .bat file was created from information here:
viewtopic.php?p=136715#p136715

The trigger is set to weekly, the action is a command line to the .bat file, the conditions and settings are default.

DrBri99

Post by DrBri99 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:58 pm

I'm in the process of setting up a new PC, I noticed the gateway timeout error yesterday and today.
Since the previous post mentioned the error resolved, maybe just a zap2it problem?
I think I'll use this opportunity to just un-favorite the stations I have never recorded anything on in the past decade to help speed the process and lighten the load on zap2it servers.