The maximum number of episodes will be exceeded

Randyored

HTPC Specs: Show details

The maximum number of episodes will be exceeded

Post by Randyored » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:35 pm

What is this?

WMC windows 7 Ceton InfiTV4. Getting the yellow triangle (The maximum number of episodes will be exceeded) on the "Talking Dead" for tonight. What does this mean? Will it record it? I have seen this before.

Help!

Randy

Space

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Space » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:25 am

If you look at your Series for "Talking Dead", there should be a "Keep" and "Keep up to" setting. If you have these set to anything other than "Until I delete" and "As many as possible", WMC will either delete episodes automatically, or not record any new episodes, depending on these settings.

The possible settings for "Keep":

1 - Until space needed (Older recordings in this Series will be deleted if WMC needs to free space for ANY other recording)
2 - Latest recordings (Older recordings in this Series will be deleted if WMC needs to free space for a new recording in this Series)
3 - Until I watch (If you have watched the recording (even just a portion), then it is a candidate to be deleted if WMC needs to free some space for a new recording)
4 - Until I delete (recording is never automatically deleted)

"Keep up to":

If you have this set to anything other than "As many as possible", WMC may delete recordings (if option 1, 2, or 3 is selected above) or not record a new episode (if option 3 or 4 is set above). Note that if option 3 is set above, then if there is a recording that was watched, it will be deleted and the new episode recorded (if there is enough space after the deletion), if there is no show available to delete (none watched) then a new recording will not be made.