Xbox 360 WMC Extender sound, but no picture

testflight

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox 360 WMC Extender sound, but no picture

Post by testflight » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:09 pm

I've been using WMC for recordings using cable cards and HD HomeRun boxes along with EPG123 and MCEBuddy for several years and it works perfectly. Shows without DRM are processed with commercials stripped and are copied to a NAS serving Plex for viewing. At the same time, Xbox 360s are used for live TV viewing and copy protected shows allowing us to fast forward through the commercials.

Cox advised that they were changing some formats back in December. Everything seemed ok at the time, but not now. Currently, I can still record DRM shows, but can not view them live on the extenders. While that's annoying, having the on air and various other live channels is ok most of the time.

However, now I can not view any new DRM shows via the extender. Older recorded programs from November are just fine. New ones show up in WMC and can be selected, but I only get audio and no picture. If I view the show on my WMC server, the picture is fine.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this? As I mentioned, I believe it's some sort of Cox issue. I just can't find any reason why I can see the picture on the PC, buit not on the extender.

Windom

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Windom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:16 am

I think you're out of luck. This happened a while ago for Comcast when they switched to MPEG4. I can't really view shows recorded off HBO and Showtime since then. They either play with no video or very choppy video. I think you'll have to watch those shows on the PC directly or find another way to watch them.

There should be a bunch of threads here about this topic. I think this is the main one:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9635