No Tuner Found

SHibbard

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Tuner Found

Post by SHibbard » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Running WMC on WIndow7, CableCARD tuner is a Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH (Network). Also have Emby, using serverWMC to bridge tuners from WMC to Emby. EPG123 for guide. System worked pretty well for a number of years, but recently rebooting is a crapshoot. Often I get "Tuner not found" errors, or no tuners available. Thought at first Ceton was the source, and would often reset it and re-assign tuners, but I have found more recently that multiple reboots - touching nothing else - will sooner or later bring system back up. Seems like it may be a timing conflict problem. Went hunting online. I see at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/top ... 1f947e4174 that a patch came out sometime ago for a problem that could be mine, but looks like I waited too long to find it, and now the links to the files are dead. Anyone know where to get this update? Ideas on what my problem could be?
---Scott---

SHibbard

Post by SHibbard » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:00 am

Update: That update supposedly was included in SP1 - which I have, so that is probably not tuner problem.
---Scott---

unclebun

Post by unclebun » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am

Have you tried simple things like turning off the Ceton and turning it back on, plugging and unplugging it? Also doing the same with your tuning adapter. And unplugging and replugging the USB from the tuning adapter.

Have you checked the Ceton utility as well? Sometimes making it redo the tuner identification from the utility will help.

SHibbard

Post by SHibbard » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:37 pm

Thanks for the response. Yes, over time when this would occur I have rebooted the Ceton (power cycle). It is a network Ceton, comes straight off cable, so nothing between (no tuning adapter, USB, etc.) Ceton's utility always shows the tuners up, CableCARD status good, etc. Seems the problem is definitely in WIn7/WMC. I'm getting the feeling it is a timing error of some kind. If I do nothing more than reboot the PC multiple times ... sooner or later it will work. Will look deeper.
---Scott---

SHibbard

Post by SHibbard » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:08 am

Problem solved. Norton firewall settings were bunged up (probably changed with an update). Odd that I could setup tuners and would work fine for that session, but if I rebooted PC it was a crap shoot.
---Scott---