Missing TV show

Rickt1962

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing TV show

Post by Rickt1962 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 pm

I have a HDhome run with total of 6 tuners Windows 7 Media Center and Arrow at 9 pm didnt record I used Windows Event viewer to see what happened and it doesnt show anything.
Is there any other location to check to see why it didnt record ?
HTPC W7 pro with HDhomerun with 6 tuners scanned by MCEbuddy uploaded to network to be watched by KODI

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm

WMC > Recorded TV > View Scheduled > History

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 pm

d00zah wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm
Yes I viewed it and it does not show recorded it only shows ones that have been recorded and Arrow is missing but it shows up in the schedule
HTPC W7 pro with HDhomerun with 6 tuners scanned by MCEbuddy uploaded to network to be watched by KODI

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Rickt1962 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 pm
d00zah wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm
Yes I viewed it and it does not show recorded it only shows ones that have been recorded and Arrow is missing but it shows up in the schedule
That sounds like the series request might be messed up. Had it tried to record the episode, it'd show up in history. I'd delete/recreate the series request & see how it goes next time.

Space

Post by Space » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 am

There are many things that can cause a show to not be recorded and also not noted in the History.

The main reason would be incorrect guide data. It may have an incorrect OAD (Original Air Date) so that WMC does not know it is NEW (and you have the Series set to only record NEW episodes), it may have an incorrect SeriesID so that WMC does not know it is an episode of the series you want to record, the guide may just completely be wrong and not even list that show at all in that timeslot.

I personally double check my scheduled recordings at least once a week against the web listings (I currently use TitanTV.com) to make sure every NEW episode is scheduled to record, this is a necessity for me with Rovi/TiVo guide data, with Gracenote (EPG123) it may not be as important.

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:05 pm

Space wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 am
There are many things that can cause a show to not be recorded and also not noted in the History.

The main reason would be incorrect guide data. It may have an incorrect OAD (Original Air Date) so that WMC does not know it is NEW (and you have the Series set to only record NEW episodes), it may have an incorrect SeriesID so that WMC does not know it is an episode of the series you want to record, the guide may just completely be wrong and not even list that show at all in that timeslot.

I personally double check my scheduled recordings at least once a week against the web listings (I currently use TitanTV.com) to make sure every NEW episode is scheduled to record, this is a necessity for me with Rovi/TiVo guide data, with Gracenote (EPG123) it may not be as important.
Yes I have only record new :( Thank you for the tip