Missing TV show

Post Reply
Rickt1962

Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:40 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing TV show

#1

Post by Rickt1962 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 pm

I have a HDhome run with total of 6 tuners Windows 7 Media Center and Arrow at 9 pm didnt record I used Windows Event viewer to see what happened and it doesnt show anything.
Is there any other location to check to see why it didnt record ?
HTPC W7 pro with HDhomerun with 6 tuners scanned by MCEbuddy uploaded to network to be watched by KODI

User avatar
d00zah

Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:20 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#2

Post by d00zah » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm

WMC > Recorded TV > View Scheduled > History

Rickt1962

Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:40 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#3

Post by Rickt1962 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 pm

d00zah wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm
WMC > Recorded TV > View Scheduled > History
Yes I viewed it and it does not show recorded it only shows ones that have been recorded and Arrow is missing but it shows up in the schedule
HTPC W7 pro with HDhomerun with 6 tuners scanned by MCEbuddy uploaded to network to be watched by KODI

User avatar
d00zah

Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:20 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#4

Post by d00zah » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Rickt1962 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 pm
d00zah wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm
WMC > Recorded TV > View Scheduled > History
Yes I viewed it and it does not show recorded it only shows ones that have been recorded and Arrow is missing but it shows up in the schedule
That sounds like the series request might be messed up. Had it tried to record the episode, it'd show up in history. I'd delete/recreate the series request & see how it goes next time.

Space

Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#5

Post by Space » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 am

There are many things that can cause a show to not be recorded and also not noted in the History.

The main reason would be incorrect guide data. It may have an incorrect OAD (Original Air Date) so that WMC does not know it is NEW (and you have the Series set to only record NEW episodes), it may have an incorrect SeriesID so that WMC does not know it is an episode of the series you want to record, the guide may just completely be wrong and not even list that show at all in that timeslot.

I personally double check my scheduled recordings at least once a week against the web listings (I currently use TitanTV.com) to make sure every NEW episode is scheduled to record, this is a necessity for me with Rovi/TiVo guide data, with Gracenote (EPG123) it may not be as important.

Rickt1962

Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:40 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#6

Post by Rickt1962 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:05 pm

Space wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 am
There are many things that can cause a show to not be recorded and also not noted in the History.

The main reason would be incorrect guide data. It may have an incorrect OAD (Original Air Date) so that WMC does not know it is NEW (and you have the Series set to only record NEW episodes), it may have an incorrect SeriesID so that WMC does not know it is an episode of the series you want to record, the guide may just completely be wrong and not even list that show at all in that timeslot.

I personally double check my scheduled recordings at least once a week against the web listings (I currently use TitanTV.com) to make sure every NEW episode is scheduled to record, this is a necessity for me with Rovi/TiVo guide data, with Gracenote (EPG123) it may not be as important.
Yes I have only record new :( Thank you for the tip
HTPC W7 pro with HDhomerun with 6 tuners scanned by MCEbuddy uploaded to network to be watched by KODI

Mike88

Posts: 532
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:50 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#7

Post by Mike88 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:55 am

WMC7 did not record 4 programs this week, & it's only early Wed AM.

I went to watch a program last night (Tues) that was supposed to be a series recording done on Mon. But it's not there & no record of it in History. So I went to watch a Tues evening program, but none of 3 series recordings were there either.

I know sometimes a program gets mislabeled in the guide, but every weekend I go over the scheduled recordings for the upcoming week & everything was proper. Even if I never verified, what are the odds that 4 scheduled series recordings would just vanish without a trace.

FWIW it did record a series program on Sun. And I tried a one-time scheduled recording late last night (Tues) & it recorded.

Any idea why the heck WMC missed 4 series programs on Mon & Tues?

Space

Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#8

Post by Space » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:04 pm

I've already posted some reasons for shows not getting recorded in this thread, without more specific information it's not possible to determine why it did not record in this case (and even with more specific info it may not be possible).

For instance, if the shows that did not record were all on the same channel, maybe that channel was removed from the guide listings for some reason.

Many cable stations re-air episodes multiple times throughout the week, were any of the missed shows re-aired and scheduled to record in the future due to a conflict when the initial airing was scheduled?

There are just too many reasons a show may not be recorded, so without more detailed information, it is not really possible for someone to guess why it did not record.

stuartm

Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:05 pm
Location: Longmont, CO

HTPC Specs: Show details

#9

Post by stuartm » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:17 pm

You should check your event log to see if WMC recorded any complaints at the time the recordings were scheduled for.

Post Reply