UPDATED: PlayReady Update Failed or Black Screen In Live TV or Device Driver Error

mmurley

HTPC Specs: Show details

UPDATED: PlayReady Update Failed or Black Screen In Live TV or Device Driver Error

Post by mmurley » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:43 pm

UPDATE BELOW:

So, I have my PC set to restart every AM (at 2 AM) because I have found that reduces the dreaded "no signal on this channel" issue. No issues for months.

This morning I had that message on every channel. No issue Just restart the PC. Except the PC said that the PlayReady Update had failed. Okay. I updated PlayReady.

Then I started getting the "Device Driver Error - the video playback device does not support playback of protected content".

Now, I haven't changed a thing. Same ATI video card with up-to-date drivers - and it's been connected to the monitor with a DP to HDMI cable and been working. Connected via HDMI. Check the audio drivers. Checked the video drivers.

Restart. Then I get a black screen on Live TV. Restart. Back to the "Device Error" but I can play recordings? Swap out the DP to HDMI for a VGA cable.

Now I'm getting the PlayReady Update Failed" error again. Which switched to "Copying Prohibited".

What the heck?

Edited to add:

So, I restarted again and we're back to the Display Driver Error - but recordings still play.

And putting WMC into windowed mode causes a 'flash' of video.

The evening update. And then...

After not touching it all day (no restart, just closed WMC), I checked and I was back to the "No Signal On This Channel" error. On every channel (again). And, as usual the Ceton Diagnostics were fine.

So, I restarted. And - through the perversity of Fate - it's all working again. I'll bet if I put my DP to HDMI cable back it will keep working.
Last edited by mmurley on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

mmurley

Post by mmurley » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:44 pm

Deleted
Last edited by mmurley on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmurley

Post by mmurley » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:52 pm

deleted