Page 1 of 1

Issues with recorded TV

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:28 pm
by bros
So, I did a regular restart of my PVR last night, then when it came back up, a few episodes of things I had recorded changed to totally different things

A May 16th episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine changed its title to Futbol: Commebol Libertadores, with a new title, new description (With the bottom of the description saying Brooklyn Nine-Nine). checked it, it looked like an episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

A June 19th episode of Match Game (the new one on ABC) changed to Japan Railway Journal, title of the episode the same, description of the show, bottom of the description saying Match Game. It's an episode of Match Game.

A June 19th episode of Guy's Grocery Games changed to Levantate y Brilla, same stuff happened as with the prior two.

I checked the files on the disk - the metadata has the correct information for the episodes. I tried restarting WMC, that didn't work. I also tried restarting the computer again, didn't work.

Anyone got ideas?

Re: Issues with recorded TV

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:42 am
by tardyturtle
Strange... if the file metadata are correct, I wonder if a database rebuild will fix it
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wi ... abase.aspx

Re: Issues with recorded TV

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:03 am
by bros
tardyturtle wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:42 am
Strange... if the file metadata are correct, I wonder if a database rebuild will fix it
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wi ... abase.aspx
I am on Windows 7

Re: Issues with recorded TV

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:35 am
by Space
WMC is pretty much the same on Win7 and Win8.

Re: Issues with recorded TV

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 pm
by bros
Okay, so I just had the time to look at that today - I have like 12 mcepg.db files - was able to delete (well, I cut & paste them as a backup) all of them except the newest, which it won't let me do anything to because it is still open in mcGlidHost.exe

I closed WMC before trying this

Re: Issues with recorded TV

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:48 pm
by Space
This appears to be the in-band guide loader process, you can probably kill the process and try again. If you still have problems, you can always reboot in to "safe mode" and delete/move the file, then reboot normally.

Re: Issues with recorded TV

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:28 pm
by bros
btw I did this today - had to boot into safe mode - it wouldn't let me kill the process. After I booted back up from safe mode, it rebuilt the database - and things had the correct names.

Note, if anyone does this in the future: You *do* have to go through the TV Setup again, and of course, guide download (I do not have EPG123)

EDIT: It also wipes out ALL OF YOUR SERIES RECORDINGS

Re: Issues with recorded TV

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:51 pm
by bros
Okay, I managed to get the list of records back - I looked at the files in https://jamesrchadwick.blogspot.com/201 ... edule.html and copied and pasted the one that had the files into the newest one it made - and that fixed it after I downloaded the latest guide