Issues with recorded TV

Post Reply
bros

Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:06 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

Issues with recorded TV

#1

Post by bros » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:28 pm

So, I did a regular restart of my PVR last night, then when it came back up, a few episodes of things I had recorded changed to totally different things

A May 16th episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine changed its title to Futbol: Commebol Libertadores, with a new title, new description (With the bottom of the description saying Brooklyn Nine-Nine). checked it, it looked like an episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

A June 19th episode of Match Game (the new one on ABC) changed to Japan Railway Journal, title of the episode the same, description of the show, bottom of the description saying Match Game. It's an episode of Match Game.

A June 19th episode of Guy's Grocery Games changed to Levantate y Brilla, same stuff happened as with the prior two.

I checked the files on the disk - the metadata has the correct information for the episodes. I tried restarting WMC, that didn't work. I also tried restarting the computer again, didn't work.

Anyone got ideas?

tardyturtle

Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:23 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#2

Post by tardyturtle » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:42 am

Strange... if the file metadata are correct, I wonder if a database rebuild will fix it
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wi ... abase.aspx

bros

Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:06 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#3

Post by bros » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:03 am

tardyturtle wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:42 am
Strange... if the file metadata are correct, I wonder if a database rebuild will fix it
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wi ... abase.aspx
I am on Windows 7

Space

Posts: 1545
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#4

Post by Space » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:35 am

WMC is pretty much the same on Win7 and Win8.

bros

Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:06 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#5

Post by bros » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 pm

Okay, so I just had the time to look at that today - I have like 12 mcepg.db files - was able to delete (well, I cut & paste them as a backup) all of them except the newest, which it won't let me do anything to because it is still open in mcGlidHost.exe

I closed WMC before trying this

Space

Posts: 1545
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#6

Post by Space » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:48 pm

This appears to be the in-band guide loader process, you can probably kill the process and try again. If you still have problems, you can always reboot in to "safe mode" and delete/move the file, then reboot normally.

bros

Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:06 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#7

Post by bros » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:28 pm

btw I did this today - had to boot into safe mode - it wouldn't let me kill the process. After I booted back up from safe mode, it rebuilt the database - and things had the correct names.

Note, if anyone does this in the future: You *do* have to go through the TV Setup again, and of course, guide download (I do not have EPG123)

EDIT: It also wipes out ALL OF YOUR SERIES RECORDINGS

bros

Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:06 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#8

Post by bros » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:51 pm

Okay, I managed to get the list of records back - I looked at the files in https://jamesrchadwick.blogspot.com/201 ... edule.html and copied and pasted the one that had the files into the newest one it made - and that fixed it after I downloaded the latest guide

Post Reply