WMC not sending MetaData

Rickt1962

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC not sending MetaData

Post by Rickt1962 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:31 pm

Hope someone here has a solution ! My setup is HDhomerun cable which is recorded by WMC-7 and then scanned by MCEbuddy to remove commercials and then add to my NAS which is played on my KODI's through the house.

Just found out I have many TV shows that cant be viewed in KODI because of empty NFO files here is what MCEbuddy said
Your WTV metadata is empty, Media Center isn’t providing any metadata for your files, so there’s nothing to match or put into your NFO file.

Either your windows version doesn’t have the filter installed to read/write the metadata or it isn’t wiring it to the file:

2018-05-16T22:10:43 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Extracting Windows Media Center metadata
WARNING> 2018-05-16T22:10:43 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Unable to extract meta data using filters. Filters may not be present [eg. Windows Server/XP/Vista].
Error : System.Exception: Cannot extract Title from Media Center file
at MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData.ExtractMCETags()
Lucky KODI has addon that can scan my Library for missing episodes which found 100's of shows with empty NFO's also found many had INFO which do not work.
So now I have to move each episode to Ember Media Manager to get the NFO's and move them back to the NAS :(

Has anyone come across this ?
HTPC W7 pro with HDhomerun with 6 tuners using Comcast scanned by MCEbuddy uploaded to network to be watched by KODI

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:15 pm

How do you have your system configured? Is MCE Buddy on the same machine that is doing the recording, and does it process the file on the local machine or over the network?
I have always had trouble reading WTV metadata from files stored on the network. If you want to test something, then try keeping a file locally on the PC, and let MCE buddy scan that, then move the file & .NFO file to the share that kodi has been setup to pull data from. I have this same problem with RecordedTVHD where as soon as I move a file to my windows home server NAS, RecordedTVHD can't read the metadata embedded in the file, and do TVDB/TMDB lookup. I solved the issue by configuring the RecordedTVHD service to log on as NETWORK SERVICE. I'm not sure which MCE Buddy/Kodi servie would need to do that nor do I recommend it unless you absolutely know what you are doing. FYSA Team Kodi has chosen to remove WTV file compatibility in Kodi 18 I believe because it is a dead format. I don't know which version your running, or if your converting your files to another format but I have read about this in the past on Kodi's ServerWMC forums. How do you have your system configured? Is MCE Buddy on the same machine that is doing the recording, and does it process the file on the local machine or over the network?

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Everything is on the same machine. MCEbuddy does convert my WTV to MP4. MCE says its missing metadata from WMC
HTPC W7 pro with HDhomerun with 6 tuners using Comcast scanned by MCEbuddy uploaded to network to be watched by KODI

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:04 pm

If by MCE you mean windows media center cannot read metadata from your converted mp4 file then that's normal. Wmc can only read metadata in wtv and dvrms files.

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:41 am

jachin99 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:04 pm If by MCE you mean windows media center cannot read metadata from your converted mp4 file then that's normal. WMC can only read metadata in wtv and dvrms files.
No I mean MCEbuddy is not getting metadata from WMC some times. MCEbuddy is only converting WTV to MP4 to reduce file size and also removing commercials