Low volume issue with WMC yes i searched!!

XXXXXXXX

HTPC Specs: Show details

Low volume issue with WMC yes i searched!!

Post by XXXXXXXX » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:06 am

So I did many searches over the last 2 weeks... tried a lot stuff to avail.. I am hoping somebody here can help me.

I have an old Win7 HTPC I built in 2010 that blew the MSI mother board. I have hundreds of movies recorded in WMC in that .wtv format that I like. I didn't want to re-invent the wheel so I got another mother board. I bought an Asus from around the same time period so I could use the amd phenom processor that I like. Anyway put the new board in and everything is working find until I noticed I no longer have the realtek hd audio manager... I loved that thing.. tried to install but it didn't work.. so did some research and found out the asus mother board uses something called VIA hd audio manager... so I installed it. As soon as I did that I noticed WMC seemed to play at like 1/2 volume. I uninstalled it and back to normal with just simple windows sound thing. I use the standard 5.1 Logitech speakers plugged into the mother board.

So been doing a ton of reading and testing... my levels are the same in windows audio mixer.. I have re-set up wmc with 5.1 and speakers work. Tried adjusting the automatic volume on and off in WMC no change... tried using the night mode setting in wmc .. no change.. made sure 5.1 is set up in the stock windows sound thing.. under communications its turned off.. tried changing the sample quality no change..

When I play a dvd in VLC player the sound levels are fine... play the same dvd into powerdvd and sound levels are fine... play the same dvd in WMC and I get about 1/3 to 1/2 the volume.. turning it up doesn't help..

I figure i am missing something but I am not sure what to do next... hoping somebody here could point me the right direction.

Thanks X