Setting Up IPTV service for WMC with extenders

nicolade

HTPC Specs: Show details

Setting Up IPTV service for WMC with extenders

Post by nicolade » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:19 pm

I am new to the discussion board and will apologize in advance. I absolutely love Windows Media Center and think its probably the most user friendly and versatile media player I have come across. Microsoft's decision to drop WMC for future development came right about the time that I really started to use it extensively.

Since then, I have pretty much wired our house using WMC in every room with a TV. I have also since come across the cost cutting phenomenon of IPTV service. I know from scouring the web that people have gotten IPTV service to work with WMC. I have had very limited success. Last year I was even able to get one IPTV service to work through extenders but kept getting the "weak signal strength" message periodically which made it impractical to use as a service for the house. I went through all the fixes but could never get the message to go away even after changing the buffer setting in Windows Registry. My dream is to get WMC to work with all of my media including IPTV service, Netflix and Hulu. Unfortunately, the success I have had has been rather limited.

The setup I have used is a Windows 7 Athlon II X2 B28 3.4 GHz processor with 12 GB of RAM with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 video card. The closest I have come to porting IPTV service has been by using DVBlink software. I currently have a subscription with an IPTV service called IPTVNUMBERS. The hyper link provided ends with a "TS" and has m3u indicated as well.

I have also tried other backend PVR programs such as serverWMC but it does not appear to have a way to port IPTV service in.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations I could try? Should I try a different backend PVR program? Should I tweek a setting with DVBlink? Has someone developed an addon that might work?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:02 am

Have you read this one yet

viewtopic.php?p=124980#p124980

aquadextrous

Post by aquadextrous » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:36 pm

DVBLink by DVBLogichas a plug-in for Iptv. It’s on the installer option on the products page of the configuration.

It allows to load channels or streams from a m3u file stored locally or from an online link and incorporate them into the WMC guide.

It’s no longer an active product so if you hadn’t already purchased it then it may not be possible to purchase. Worth emailing them though they’re normally very helpful.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Would be interested to see if anyone gets a SOLID IPTV service working with it being in the guide. I think as we go forward with people "cutting-the-cord" to cable are looking for an option. With WMC possibly being able do this, it could be a hot item...

It would be nice for a few web only streams...and adding it into the guide...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 pm

I previously used DVBLink for a handful of local streaming channels in WMC (think public access) and it worked pretty well.

For IPTV, I think the new SiliconDust Premium TV might be one of the only legal options. If I get a chance, I might play with the demo channels and DVBLink.

Another integrated alternative to WMC might be Kodi and MythTV. I know MythTV can support tuners, IPTV playlists, etc.