Need Help with tuners

DocMHale

HTPC Specs: Show details

Need Help with tuners

Post by DocMHale » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Hello All!

I need some help with my tuners. I am running Windows 7 with the stock install of WMC. I have a dual tuner Hauppauge card in slot 1 and a quad tuner Hauppauge tuner in slot 2. In device manager both tuner cards are correctly identified and are reported as correctly configured. I have run TunerSalad to increase the usably number of tuners to 32. That is the default way that TunerSalad installs.

When I run setup for WMC, WMC finds the dual tuners on the card in slot 1 and is using them both correctly, but it only finds 2 tuners out of the 4 tuners on the quad card in slot 2. I have tried swapping the positions of the cards with the same result (all 4 tuners from the first card and none from the second card). How do I get all 6 tuners working in WMC? Is TunerSalad not working correctly to increase the number of tuners allowed? Does anyone know how to hack the System Registry to allow for these 6 tuners?

Any help in this would be appreciated.

Michael

Space

Post by Space » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 pm

The limit for any type of tuner is 4. Tuner Salad is supposed to remove that limit. It sounds to me like Tuner Salad is not doing what it is supposed to.

It's my understanding that you need to run TV Signal Setup (only 4 will be able to be set up) then run Tuner Salad to increase the number of tuners allowed and then after that run TV Signal Setup again. If you did that and are still having problems, then I don't know what the issue is (but maybe others in this forum do). You can see the steps here.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:58 pm

You've got to be careful with TunerSalad. When you update the tuner limit with TunerSalad it makes a registry entry with the new limit. If you delete the database at anytime, which will cause you to lose the limit increase, TunerSalad will still believe the limit is already at 32. In order to get the limit increase in the new database you will have to use TunerSalad to reduce the limit back to 4 and then increase it again.

Or, you could use the EPG123 client Tweak WMC function to increase the limits to 32.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:02 pm

garyan2 wrote:You've got to be careful with TunerSalad. When you update the tuner limit with TunerSalad it makes a registry entry with the new limit. If you delete the database at anytime, which will cause you to lose the limit increase, TunerSalad will still believe the limit is already at 32. In order to get the limit increase in the new database you will have to use TunerSalad to reduce the limit back to 4 and then increase it again.

Or, you could use the EPG123 client Tweak WMC function to increase the limits to 32.
Or you can do this!! LOL