New windows 7 Build Media Center Hangs on First Launch

sbailey223

HTPC Specs: Show details

New windows 7 Build Media Center Hangs on First Launch

Post by sbailey223 » Sat May 27, 2023 5:00 pm

Hello All,
Looking for help on this MC hang issue. So, I rebuilt Windows 7 OS on an existing system that is using Media Center already for years (2009). No new hardware changes expect a new SSD for the boot drive and the existing MC works still as I rebuilt this on a new SSD and change the cable to the new and old SSD to work on it.

All was working with MC until I started adding the play ready, digital cable advisor and the Ceton InfiniTV Cable Card Tuner software, when starting MC it would start and the Spinning Blue Wheel would hang for a long time (1 to 2 minutes), clear up and click another option and hang for 1 to 2 minutes again and so on.

Got it all setup with EPG123 and it all works but when I reboot Windows and on first launch of MC after reboot it hangs with the wheel again and then the MC GUI stops responding, I would end ehshell.exe in task manager and open MC and all good until I reboot again. While the MC GUI is hanging, I would stop the “Windows Media Center Receiver Service” and the Hanging would clear right away and then I start the “Windows Media Center Receiver Service” again and sometimes it would tune channels fine or it would state no tuner available.

Hoping to resolve vs start a new build again and hope it does not do the same.

Thanks for any advice!

sbailey223

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by sbailey223 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:15 pm

I found my issue; in case it may help anyone else. I use Norton 360 and I do have a traffic rule for the Ceton card network and when I recreated the rule Norton put the rule at the end and not thinking when I created, I needed to move the rule to the top.