Problem with new 8K TV

wingdam

HTPC Specs: Show details

Problem with new 8K TV

Post by wingdam » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:49 pm

I've had wmc working fine on my last TV for years on my win7 machine,
I just got a new Samsung q900b 8k tv and am having problems.
WMC works great a long as I have the TV on, it uses the all in one box with all inputs separate from the TV and I can switch as amany inputs as I like without problem.
The trouble starts when I turn the TV off, when switched on wmc is crashed to the restart screen and when I restart all is fine til the next turnoff.
I've tried using other inputs than wmc when turning off the tv, but the same thing happens.
I assume that recording is a different service than the wmc frontend as all programmed recordings still work.
Sometimes the computer will be frozen with no mouse input or a black screen and have to be rebooted.
I'm using a Nvidia 730 for output and am baffled.
Any ideas?
Thanks

wingdam

Post by wingdam » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:03 pm

Update:
I closed the WMC interface last night before shutting off the TV and the recording service was still active and got all my scheduled shows. When I turned the TV on today the Win7 desktop was still there and after restarting WMC everything worked.
I am thinking its the latest HDMI 2.1 that's the problem crashing WMC interface and freezing the computer when the TV shuts off.
Any ideas?

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:53 am

Possibly the video driver unable to handle something about HDMI 2.1 Sounds like you have a workaround - close WMC before turning off your TV