Please Help! Media Center lost schedules

craigcato

HTPC Specs: Show details

Please Help! Media Center lost schedules

Post by craigcato » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:27 am

Hello,
I am really a neophyte at this, but Media Center and EPG123 have been working perfectly for me for a couple of years.
I turned off my Media computer and router for three weeksbecause I was on vacation.
My schedulesdirect account is paid for into January.
When I turned everything on today the schedule shows no data, and only for today. Also, my scheduled programs are lost.
When I click on guide, I get the message:
Guide listings will be out of date in fewer than 3 days. Select Download to get the latest Guide listings.
When I click on download, I get the following message:
Switch to an alternate TV program guide provider, with only OK as an option.
Then the rotating Circle goes on forever...
If seems like the epg123 database still looks good, but I don't know what to do from here.

Thanks!

Space

Post by Space » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:21 am

Look for the EPG123 icon in the systray and right-click on it and select "Update Guide Now" (or something similar, not sure if it is named differently on different versions) to update your guide (give it some time to update).

If you don't have that systray icon, then you can instead run the EPG123 configuration GUI by double clicking the "EPG123" (not "EPG123 Client") desktop icon. After the window appears, click the "Save & Execute" button in the lower right.

EPG123 replaces the built-in guide update, so initiating it through WMC will not work.

craigcato

Post by craigcato » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:14 pm

The right-click update guide now didn't work, but the EPG conf gui save and execute worked perfectly..
Thanks so much!