WMC Resetting itself

Judgeless

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Resetting itself

Post by Judgeless » Sat May 01, 2021 4:44 pm

I am having a odd issue. Sometimes when I turn on a WMC extender it comes up with only 'recorded tv' and 'setup'. There is no guide and no live TV. If I reboot everything and it still shows those two options. I go into Windows system restore and restore to a couple days back to get everything back. A couple of days went by and everything worked fine. Then this morning it only showed 'recorded tv' and 'setup' again. I did another system restore and it came back. Does anyone know why this is happening. It has worked perfect for many many years.

Judgeless

Post by Judgeless » Mon May 03, 2021 12:53 am

It happen again today. It is almost like MS is shutting down installs daily. Is there a way to block this?

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri May 07, 2021 10:53 pm

I had this strange issue as well, not too long ago. This was on Windows 8.1...

I take weekly backups of my OS only on HTPC. So this started happening and I tried to restore a week ago and it came back again after a few days. This went on for a few weeks. I got a message that "your database is corrupt and you will need to reset TV again" Not sure what was causing it.

As I take backups every week, and going back only a week caused the problem to show up again. I restored an image from January(I just had not had the chance to clean it up)and updated the guide (add in a few shows manually) and it has been working now for almost a month now.

I might suggest doing a full scan disc and checking your drives for errors or space.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012