W7MC and Kodi 19 Integration

Dirthawg

HTPC Specs: Show details

W7MC and Kodi 19 Integration

Post by Dirthawg » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:07 am

I'm still using Windows 7 and WMC on my HTPC for live TV and DVR along with Kodi for my local media. I've had Kodi integration running well for the last 9 years. This little app added a tile on the main menu to Kodi so Kodi could be launched from within WMC. I recently upgraded Kodi to version 19 and the Kodi Integration tool is not working. I get an error when trying to launch Kodi from the WMC main menu.

I'm sure it has something to do with Kodi moving to Python 3. Kodi 18 and below used Python 2. Anyone have a tweek or work around to get Kodi integration working again on version 19?

movienut50

Post by movienut50 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:50 pm

I have the same problem, any help would be appreciated

Dirthawg

Post by Dirthawg » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:04 pm

After a little poking around in the 3rd party apps forum I found a fix.

Kodi 19 is now 64 bit only so it loads from the [program files] location rather than from the [program files (x86)] location. The Kodi integration tool loads kodi from the [program files (x86)] location which is no longer available so it throws the error.

The following Registry entry needs to be changed with regedit then reboot.

Old Entry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Teknowebworks, LLC\KodiIntegration\ - Program Path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe

Changed Entry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Teknowebworks, LLC\KodiIntegration\ - Program Path = C:\Program Files\Kodi\Kodi.exe

After rebooting the link to Kodi from the WMC menu is working for me.

Thanks to @Timoty for posting the registry enty.

movienut50

Post by movienut50 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:21 pm

Worked for me too, Thanks