After WMC reload, Search function fails

BasiliskPie

HTPC Specs: Show details

After WMC reload, Search function fails

Post by BasiliskPie » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:58 pm

I tried Win10 but couldn't get WMC to recognize my Ceton In4 devices, so I rolled back to 8.1. WMC was damaged in that sequence and I received the needed advice on re-installing WMC here. All my series-recording requests were lost, however, which produced my next problem.

The Search function under Add Recording no longer works - WMC doesn't match shows I can see in its Guide. This was never an issue before the Win10 fiasco.

I can only set a series to record IF I find it in the Guide and click on Records Series there. This is a problem, of course: many series aren't currently running. Further, there are some I just haven't found in scanning the Guide.. (Searching TVGuide.com and then finding them in WMC works... tediously.)

I'd appreciate any clue as to how to get WMC Search working again! Thanks!

Space

Post by Space » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:59 pm

WMC uses the standard windows search feature, so there is probably an issue there.

One thing you can do is open "Indexing Options" in the control panel and make sure "Windows Media Center" is listed as one of the things to index, if it is you can try to rebuild the search index:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ng-options

If it is not listed there, you can add it by doing this:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 37#p104837

Even if it is listed, you may want to do this procedure just in case it is corrupted in some way.

BasiliskPie

Post by BasiliskPie » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:47 pm

WMC was l;isted in the Indexing Options list, but I did the 3rd step. Then I went and rebuilt the search index.

Then I restarted WMC and the Problem remains: can't search for Program Names (e.g. "vikings" which the guide showslate Monday night/Tuesday early reruns). Will probably retry tomorrow.