Some channels streaming AVC - Display Driver Error

poit57

HTPC Specs: Show details

Some channels streaming AVC - Display Driver Error

Post by poit57 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:20 am

I have an HDHomeRun Prime with CableCard as well as dual ClearQAM tuners in my HTPC. I think that some of the QAM channel assignments were changed by my cable provider recently, so I went through the TV set up again to do a clean scan and match the QAM channels with the CableCard channels.

I went through each channel manually to turn off channels that I don't care about or are not part of my subscription package. I noticed that a few of the HBO sub-channels are presenting me with a Display Driver Error when I try to tune to those channels. The main HBO and HBO2 are playing just fine.

I did a scan with the HDHomeRun Setup software, and the Prime's web interface shows all the HBO channels are receiving a signal. The problem channels that are giving the display error are marked as AVC DRM HD. Since they are copy protected, I cannot test playback in any other media player software. Is "AVC" indicating that my cable provider is streaming these channels with a different codec than the rest of my TV lineup? Is there a way to get WMC to play back these channels?

I'm using a stock WMC installation with the Media Pack on Windows 8.1 Pro. I'm using Intel HD4000 graphics for audio and video output from HDMI.