Tv Recording database

eclas

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tv Recording database

Post by eclas » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:54 pm

Win 8.1
I've been searching but can't find anything clear (to me at least) on how to clear the recordings database and then let wmc rebuild it.
The reason I need to do it is that i am having problems with recordedtvHd listings matching the recordings under 'recorded tv' in wmc.
It is the recordedtv database that is missing some recordings and there are duplicates that can't be added to the favorites because of the problem.
I tried deleting the recordedtvhd database but it didn't pick them up after rebuilding.
So basically I would like to refresh both databases hopefully without messing up other settings in wmc.
Is there a simple way to do this?
Thanks

STC

Post by STC » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:43 pm

Long shot.

In WMC move your recording folder to a temporary new folder.
Check there are now no recordings listed in both WMC and RTVHD.
Change back, let them rebuild.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Space

Post by Space » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:19 pm

Are you saying there are *.wtv recordings in a folder that are not being listed in "Recorded TV" within WMC (some are listed, some aren't)?
If so, than this may mean that those missing recordings have damaged metadata. I don't know if I have ever seen the recording completely missing from the WMC list when this happens, but I have seen it list the file name instead of the show name in the recorded TV list, so it may or may not be the problem you are having. I don't know anything about Recorded TV HD (I assume you are talking about the WMC extension).

One thing you can try is to edit the metadata:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 062#p98062

Just try changing the WM/WMRVProgramID field as described, and then changing the file extension and changing it back again to get WMC to re-read the metadata.

If the file is missing certain metadata (I'm not sure which metadata is required but you can view the metdata of other working files to compare and see if any fields are missing), then it may not be displayed correctly in WMC (or perhaps not at all?). EditDvrmsMetadata can be used to add metadata that is missing, but if the file is damaged, than I don't know if it will work.

eclas

Post by eclas » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:48 pm

Sorry, I think I mis-spoke. It is only the recorded TV favorites that r missing. I will try to find exactly what files need to be deleted in rtvhd.
Thanks for the replies