List View for Movies?

eclas

HTPC Specs: Show details

List View for Movies?

Post by eclas » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:27 pm

Is it possible to change to a list view in the movies section of WMC?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:01 am

eclas wrote:Is it possible to change to a list view in the movies section of WMC?
Yes. Right Click, View List.

Anybody know how to do that with a remote?
Attachments
RightClickViewList.JPG

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:01 am

The info button yields the same menu.

bob_p

Post by bob_p » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Unfortunately the guide data change has broken the view by "Release Date" feature - which used to be valuable to quickly find which of the most recently released movies are now available for viewing.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:39 pm

bob_p wrote:Unfortunately the guide data change has broken the view by "Release Date" feature - which used to be valuable to quickly find which of the most recently released movies are now available for viewing.
Hasn't the guide data change broken pretty much every feature, including sorting by HD, ratings, genre, etc.? Movie view is quite useless now.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:52 pm

I hung onto the native movie library for as long as possible but abandon it some time ago. There are a few options including MyMovies and Emby which do a much better job and are actively supported. One big issue for me was waiting a long time for the movie selection to populate. The drawback is both options I mentioned are a bit more involved than the native library but worth the added features.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:53 pm

I was going to mention My Movies. It looks pretty nice. Where does MyMovies get the trailer, synopsis, cast and more data from? That data is not connected to the guide (Rovi), is it?

http://www.mymovies.dk/products/windows ... enter.aspx

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:01 pm

mcewinter wrote:I hung onto the native movie library for as long as possible but abandon it some time ago. There are a few options including MyMovies and Emby which do a much better job and are actively supported. One big issue for me was waiting a long time for the movie selection to populate. The drawback is both options I mentioned are a bit more involved than the native library but worth the added features.

Got a question for ya.....

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 530#p98530

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:59 pm

Crash2009 wrote:I was going to mention My Movies. It looks pretty nice. Where does MyMovies get the trailer, synopsis, cast and more data from? That data is not connected to the guide (Rovi), is it?

http://www.mymovies.dk/products/windows ... enter.aspx
MyMovies prides themselves on their own database. I'm not exactly sure where they pull trailers from but it's not rovi.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:44 am

mcewinter wrote:
MyMovies prides themselves on their own database. I'm not exactly sure where they pull trailers from but it's not rovi.
Bob_p might want to give it a try. Has My Movies been working OK recently?

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Crash2009 wrote:
mcewinter wrote:
Bob_p might want to give it a try. Has My Movies been working OK recently?
I tried My Movies a few months ago. Buggy as hell (that is a understatement) and NOTHING but problems. After spending about 2-3 weeks with it, Their data base kept taking my movies and renaming with the WRONG movies, I finally gave up before the demo ended. It looked pretty when it worked but, the problems and overhead was a pain to deal with.

Read here
http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=40430

Now, back to the default movie library, I use YAMM for meta data and art and disable "Automaticly download music and video art". It loads up the first time, no big flashing with meta data going away for 30 seconds any more. Works better than My Movies ever did and faster.... and this is with about 300-350 movies (all HD)...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:21 pm

You may have experienced issues seeing that your database was already established and built with YAMM. I found YAMM to be problematic, likely because my database was already bult and established using MyMovies. YAMM scanned my collection and skipped some movies. e.g. it found back to the future 1 and 3, but not 2. It didn't get it wrong...it skipped over it. It probably overlooked more than that but I'm not going to audit over 900 movie titles. The MyMovies data is much more robust and accurate, that also goes for the MM app vs. the movies portion of the Ceton app; the MM app has a higher quality feel.

Like I said, I throw a disc in my server. Done. I may have to correct a movie every now and then, but it's rare.

With that said, I orginally used MM at the back end to provide metadata for the native library. As the native library wasn't behaving as expected (long load times and movie art not populating) I swung over to MM MC interface.