What's the new path to place MCL files?

Sancho

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Sancho » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:23 am

mdavej wrote:Great find on using incognito. Thanks.

FYI, the MCL/HTM method in this thread only works when you can point to a specific file on a site You can usually get this by looking a the page source and using the URL for the .m3u file or the call letters as in the first post. If successful, you'll get audio and program info. You have to resort to using a browser container if you want to interact with a web page or can't determine the specific URL in the source code.
Happy to pass it along. I found it in the Open Issues section of Relaunch on Google Code. There was another option that might work for some. Basically, it involves setting Chrome's "Preferences" file (under User Data, which is in ..\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome... etc.) to Read Only. That gets rid of the "Chrome didn't shut down properly" message, but if, like me, you have Chrome configured to reopen tabs that were open when it was last closed, you will get the previous tab(s), and a new tab. With Internet radio, I got two audio streams, which was a deal breaker. My goal was to make Internet radio from within WMC usable for my wife (she's afraid to use the wireless keyboard/touchpad combo, as she's convinced she'll mess something up ;-) )

So for me, --incognito was the way to go. Just glad it worked by appending it to the URL, and not having to edit the MCL file, which I'm not sure would work, since the MCL calls relaunch.exe, not chrome.exe.

eliteinfo

Post by eliteinfo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:24 am

Ok first of, thanks ... I have place 58 radio station so far and the entire familly is loving it! thanks

BUT is there anyway to get the logo of the station instead of this ugly music note when the station is playing ! I have played arround the startimage and thumbnail and only the thumgnails change the button before selecting the station, after that I get only this ugly :sick: uge music note.

thanks again hope to get an answer. :D

Kusaywa

Post by Kusaywa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I put the following in C:\Users\pkusaywa\AppData\Roaming\Media Center Programs\Radio
Inside the WABY.MCL I've put:

<application name="WABY 900AM"
url="WABY.htm"
startimage="WABY.jpg"
thumbnailimage="WABY.jpg"
description="WABY 900AM"
category="1"
companyname="">
<capabilitiesrequired directx="false"
audio="true"
video="false"
intensiverendering="false"
console="false"
cdburning="false"
/>
</application>

And inside the WABY.HTM I've put:

<script>
function IsMCEEnabled()
{
return true;
}
window.external.MediaCenter.PlayMedia(1, "http://player.listenlive.co/29301");
window.external.MediaCenter.Experience.GoToFullScreen()
window.external.MediaCenter.CloseApplication();
</SCRIPT>

But it doesn't show up in WMC?
Thanks

coolwhip

Post by coolwhip » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Do you have it checked (Enabled) in Settings-->Start Menu and Extras-->Extras Library?
It should show up in a list with other extras.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm not sure it will fix your problem but there was a security patch directly related to scripts being ran in .mcl files. The idea is that if someone can get you to click a malicious mcl file either through phishing, or posting it on a site like this, you can exploit their computer. The MS security bulletin came out in late 2015, and MS update kb3087918 so you could look for that update and try uninstalling it. I haven't read too much into it in detail but here is a link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/s ... #KBArticle

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:16 pm

I have been reading quite a bit about how to add things to the WMC start menu, and I have built a file that you can use as a format. This xml file can be placed anywhere on your machine to the best of my knowledge, and I chose to put it on my desktop just for testing. You can get the GUID from any source but I use an online guidgen. In order to place this file on your start menu, run the following from the command line:

Code: Select all

cd c:\windows\ehome
registermceapp.exe (insert path to your xml file here) /all users

Code: Select all

<application  Title="RadioStation" id="{insertGUIDHere}">
  	<entrypoint id="{insert2ndGUIDHere}"
              title="RadioStationTitle"
              description="Listen to your Music"
              imageURL="YourImageURL"
              url="StreamURL">
	   <category category="Internet Radio\Presets"/>		
  	</entrypoint>
  </application>
My testing has been limited to getting the icon to appear but I have not successfully gotten an internet stream to play in WMC. I tested on WMC 10. The MS documentation for this can be found here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 68319.aspx. This template will place the tile in radio under presets

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:29 pm

I can't remember if I have referenced this here before but a new version ehshell.dll might have broken this. If you have ehshell.dll 6.1.7601.23265 then it has a security update applied that breaks scripting in MCL links.
See here [DISCUSSION] Patch WMC to run on Windows 10 final & possible alternatives

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:10 pm

http://skipstechtalk.net/2010/05/02/add ... ia-center/

You can also use this method to connect to streaming web server. In the article above they talk about setting up a local web server, and streaming from that via http & asx. If you look at the method used in that script, there is video capability as well.