Search Results may be incomplete

Post Reply
brettrobi

Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:31 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

Search Results may be incomplete

#1

Post by brettrobi » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:38 pm

I have a fresh Windows 8 Release Preview install of MediaCenter. When I try to add a recording using the Search method I see this warning down in the lower right corner: "SEARCH RESULTS MAY BE INCOMPLETE BECAUSE THE GUIDE LISTINGS ARE STILL BEING INDEXED"
Any idea how I get the guide to be indexed?

User avatar
STC

Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details
5+ Yrs TGB Veteran Staff

#2

Post by STC » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Usually you just have to wait a while. RP may have a bug though that is causing the error.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

brettrobi

Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:31 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#3

Post by brettrobi » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:45 pm

stonethecrows wrote:Usually you just have to wait a while. RP may have a bug though that is causing the error.
It's been 3 days for me. I don't think waiting will help.

User avatar
holidayboy

Posts: 2582
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:44 pm
Location: Northants, UK

HTPC Specs: Show details
5+ Yrs TGB Veteran Staff

#4

Post by holidayboy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 pm

You can try running both of the commands below under an admin cmd prompt (find a cmd prompt shortcut somehow!, or type cmd (into a start menu?) and right click - run as administrator) :

%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe /DoRegisterSearch

Wait and then run:

%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe /DoReindexSearchRoot
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

User avatar
STC

Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details
5+ Yrs TGB Veteran Staff

#5

Post by STC » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:14 pm

brettrobi wrote:
stonethecrows wrote:Usually you just have to wait a while. RP may have a bug though that is causing the error.
It's been 3 days for me. I don't think waiting will help.
Ahh okay you didn't say that bit to begin with. Try HB's suggestion.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

brettrobi

Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:31 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#6

Post by brettrobi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:59 am

holidayboy wrote:You can try running both of the commands below under an admin cmd prompt (find a cmd prompt shortcut somehow!, or type cmd (into a start menu?) and right click - run as administrator) :

%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe /DoRegisterSearch

Wait and then run:

%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe /DoReindexSearchRoot

Tries this and it had no effect. Neither did manually restarting the Windows Search service, even uninstalling said service, rebooting then installing again had no effect.
Makes it hard to find anything to record in MediaCenter!

librarynerd

Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:04 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#7

Post by librarynerd » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:17 pm

This worked for me:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ea5?page=1

The cmd stuff is the same as what holidayboy wrote, but adds a few more steps to do with the registry and verifying the presence of MCE in the Indexing Options.

Double-check to make sure you're opening an elevated command window. (WinLogoKey > type 'cmd' > right-click > "Run as administrator").

Here's what happened when I followed the steps:
The registry value was not present on my system. (initially)

After running ehprivjob there was about a minute of disk activity, then the system went idle but the cmd window didn't return to a prompt, just a blinking cursor. I checked my indexing options and WMC was present, so I restarted and everything appears to be working, and the registry value has been added.

User avatar
holidayboy

Posts: 2582
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:44 pm
Location: Northants, UK

HTPC Specs: Show details
5+ Yrs TGB Veteran Staff

#8

Post by holidayboy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 am

Good stuff :thumbup:

I remember having to run the two commands quite often when I ran Vista with TVPack 2008 due to seeing the results incomplete message.

Maybe MS are giving us snippets of TVPack code in Win8 to wean us off Media Center! :lol:
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

brettrobi

Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:31 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#9

Post by brettrobi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:43 pm

librarynerd wrote:This worked for me:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ea5?page=1

The cmd stuff is the same as what holidayboy wrote, but adds a few more steps to do with the registry and verifying the presence of MCE in the Indexing Options.

Double-check to make sure you're opening an elevated command window. (WinLogoKey > type 'cmd' > right-click > "Run as administrator").

Here's what happened when I followed the steps:
The registry value was not present on my system. (initially)

After running ehprivjob there was about a minute of disk activity, then the system went idle but the cmd window didn't return to a prompt, just a blinking cursor. I checked my indexing options and WMC was present, so I restarted and everything appears to be working, and the registry value has been added.
Perfect! That did the trick.

Post Reply