How does the data transfer work?

dnwiebe

HTPC Specs: Show details

How does the data transfer work?

Post by dnwiebe » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:52 pm

We're seeing EPG123 download data, and we can find the .xmltv file and look through it, and it looks good to us--like a dump of a relational database.

But we're not sure how the data is supposed to move from the .xmltv file to the WMC Guide. That's the part that's not happening. We see data for channels 2-1782 in the .xmltv file, but only for channels 2-616 in the Guide; all the other channels say, "No information available." In WMC, we refused to accept the T&C for Rovi, and the About... shows EPG123 instead of Rovi; but the data's not making it in, somehow.

Do you know what's up?

Thanks,
Dan and Lauren

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:20 pm

WMC has built in method for loading MXF files into the guide which you can read more about here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previo ... v=msdn.10)

There are tools for converting xmltv files into MXF format, which is what I believe you will need because WMC will not take a XMLTV file directly. An example of that is here but this is not the only one. https://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/

aquadextrous

Post by aquadextrous » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:31 pm

dnwiebe wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:52 pm We're seeing EPG123 download data, and we can find the .xmltv file and look through it, and it looks good to us--like a dump of a relational database.

But we're not sure how the data is supposed to move from the .xmltv file to the WMC Guide. That's the part that's not happening. We see data for channels 2-1782 in the .xmltv file, but only for channels 2-616 in the Guide; all the other channels say, "No information available." In WMC, we refused to accept the T&C for Rovi, and the About... shows EPG123 instead of Rovi; but the data's not making it in, somehow.

Do you know what's up?

Thanks,
Dan and Lauren
There’s a second epg123 program which you use to link channels in your guide to the lineup downloaded from schedules direct. Have you opened this and tried to automatically assign channels? This should negate the need for the xml file completely and it just uses its own download to store the data. If you get stuck the guys in the epg123 section of the forum are very helpful :D

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:44 pm

dnwiebe wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:52 pm We're seeing EPG123 download data, and we can find the .xmltv file and look through it, and it looks good to us--like a dump of a relational database.

Do you know what's up?

Thanks,
Dan and Lauren
What lineup are you using? I can check it out.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

dnwiebe

Post by dnwiebe » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:19 am

Thanks, guys! I finally figured out that two-sided "client" app, with your help, and now my wife is very happy. Your fault, but I intend to collect anyway.

Thanks again!

Dan

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:06 am

dnwiebe wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:19 amYour fault, but I intend to collect anyway.
:?: :?: :?:

Glad you figured it out. Do you have your scheduled task all set?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io