For The Record MCE Client

A place for App developers to hang out / post
4trmceclients

HTPC Specs: Show details

For The Record MCE Client

Post by 4trmceclients » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:26 am

Would someone for a For The Record MCE client interested?
If yes, I could client build , but for this need I help, there is much work .
is anyone interested ?

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:40 am

ok it is 4 days ago but is there no one interested for an client(MCE) server(ForTheRecord) system ?
or find you the Microsoft solution so good that you does not need an other way ?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:52 am

OK, I'll bite...

You come here... and your very first post is to try to get someone interested in your proposed software. First, it is obvious that your first language is not English... that's a big red flag that says "virus", "trojan" or "worm" to many people... especially when you aren't a trusted source of software already. For all we know, you could be a Russian hacker. Let's face it... the people who frequent this site aren't the typical user who would just go download some crap that might infect their system.

Secondly, what does this "For the Record" software do in addition to what Media Center already does? I looked at the web site you linked... and I can't find any features that I don't already have with plain old Media Center. Why would I want this?

Maybe it's just me... but I don't have any reason to trust you.

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:31 am

Hi Barnabas1969

Thanx for your reply

you have right with that my native language not english is (German)

but i try to answer you

all my code projects are opensource why ?

1. so can everyone look into code and see that i make no illegal stuff
2. so can everyone help if he want

the reason why i ask the forum

to find other developer for an team ,for building of the client if anybody is interested.

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:19 am

I just took a quick look at the site. I think you'll find that most people here haven't heard of For the Record. I had not. Based on the site, it seems this may be a decent solution for other platforms that do not have a TV solution already like XBMC which this seems it was designed for. The fact is, Media Center has an incredible TV DVR capability already in it that appears to far exceed what is shown on the site you sent. It is also a proprietary format for recorded TV, which the community here accepts because the capabilities are so good, but also means it is unlikely For the Record recordings would be able to work with the native interface. There are also already good client add ins for web based, iPhone, Android, and WP7 subscription and streaming services. So in the end it does not appear For the Record offers any user needed functionality for Media Center and therefore there would be no need for a plug in to support it.

That is my perspective at least, but we do not like to discourage developers around here and we love when people make Media Center better and more expandable so i don't want to discourage you. But this is likely why you haven't seen any responses and could probably expect a very low set of users for this particular plug in.
Greg

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 pm

some time ago an here are is the first mce client
with this can you hear Radio Streams or view Tv Streams from ForTheRecord Service

left right changes the ChannelGroup
up down the Channel
play starts the Stream

note: for stream playing need you Lav DirectShow 50.1

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 am

Version 1.0.0.1 is online

supported features:
- hear Radio / view Tv Streams
- hear Radio / view Tv Recordings
- view Recording Details or delete Recording
- Add Manual Schedule view ScheduleTask or edit ScheduleTask

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 am

Version 1.0.0.2 is online

supported features:
- hear Radio / view Tv Streams
- hear Radio / view Tv Recordings
- view Recording Details or delete Recording
- Add Manual Schedule view ScheduleTask or edit ScheduleTask
- Search for Shows by Title Description Category Actor Director

changes Recording View :
Records have now this Layout Title ,Channel , Date

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:13 pm

A metro/w8 ui version might get people interested...
Lee

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:09 am

I still don't know how this relates to WMC. Can somebody please explain it to me? Because looking at the website, I see no mention of WMC. This looks to be a program that is either designed to be used by itself, or is designed to be used with other software. it does not appear to be designed to be used with WMC.

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:16 am

Yeah, this is strange. I posted my thoughts a while back when the developer requested if anyone is interested in a client. No offense to the developer as it seems a potentially useful software for someone not using WMC, but for WMC users it seems to be a less featured competitor to a portion of WMC functionality (for which WMC works exceptionally well). I think something may have been lost in translation though as the request was to see if there was interest and nobody said yes...yet there is now a client. Best of luck to the dev though.
Greg

STC

Post by STC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:51 am

http://www.4therecord.eu/forum/viewtopi ... 532#p20532
That looks like a WMC plugin to me(?)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:07 am

Thanks. So basically it's a replacement for some of the native functions in WMC, such as live TV, DVR, etc.? I think that could be useful. Microsoft won't fix the existing problems or make any improvements, so replacing the native functions sounds good to me...as long as the final product is better than what we already have.

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:20 am

4 the record has been around for years. its supposed to be a more flexible way of scheduling recordings than WMC allows.

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:36 am

milli260876 wrote:A metro/w8 ui version might get people interested...
hello

i have tried win 8 without Touchscreen but i mean the useability is lost at some points on Desktop Systems
you switch over 3 points to come to the desired feature

i think it needs some time for change

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:47 am

richard1980 wrote:I still don't know how this relates to WMC. Can somebody please explain it to me? Because looking at the website, I see no mention of WMC. This looks to be a program that is either designed to be used by itself, or is designed to be used with other software. it does not appear to be designed to be used with WMC.

you see it right
ForTheRecord is a Tv Server Backend System
at the beginning was there only a other way to manage schedules for MediaPortals Tv Server

but now give it an own Tv Server (Argus) with this one can you all Tv Related things (scan for channels ,grab guide , manage Schedules ,and so long ) settle with ForTheRecord self.

and some Community Dev have create some Clients that communicate with the ForTheRecord Backend Service

my Client is for MCE 7

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:54 am

richard1980 wrote:Thanks. So basically it's a replacement for some of the native functions in WMC, such as live TV, DVR, etc.? I think that could be useful. Microsoft won't fix the existing problems or make any improvements, so replacing the native functions sounds good to me...as long as the final product is better than what we already have.

please, i will nothing replace , my goal is the user give an additional solution

ps i forget big Thanks for the many Inputs here
it look now so that my work was not forgiven time

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:15 am

The feature that I would like to see in a Media-Center plug-in is the ability to allocate the tuners sensibly! And by that I mean this:

I schedule programme A to record from 18.00-19.00.
I schedule programme B to record from 19.00-20.00.
I want to use 1 minute of pre-padding, and 5 minutes of post-padding.
I therefore want programme A to record 17.59-19.05 and B to record 18.59-20.05.
I therefore want MC to use two tuners.

Now we all know that in this scenario, MC will use only one tuner, and drop the post-padding from programme A, and drop the pre-padding from programme B. It is possible to force MC to use two tuners, but that requires going to the "Advanced Record" panel every time that a recording is scheduled. I want to be able simply to select "Record" or "Record Series", and have the plug-in do whatever is necessary to cause MC to use separate tuners.

Now that would be a plug-in for which I would pay real money (within reason!).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:43 am

CyberSimian wrote:The feature that I would like to see in a Media-Center plug-in is the ability to allocate the tuners sensibly! And by that I mean this:

I schedule programme A to record from 18.00-19.00.
I schedule programme B to record from 19.00-20.00.
I want to use 1 minute of pre-padding, and 5 minutes of post-padding.
I therefore want programme A to record 17.59-19.05 and B to record 18.59-20.05.
I therefore want MC to use two tuners.

Now we all know that in this scenario, MC will use only one tuner, and drop the post-padding from programme A, and drop the pre-padding from programme B. It is possible to force MC to use two tuners, but that requires going to the "Advanced Record" panel every time that a recording is scheduled. I want to be able simply to select "Record" or "Record Series", and have the plug-in do whatever is necessary to cause MC to use separate tuners.

Now that would be a plug-in for which I would pay real money (within reason!).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
yes i know that
but please if you want this feature describe that in the ForTheRecord Forum
so can Steph or Dot-i read it <-both are the founder of ForTheRecord and only this both can change add features at the backend
i can only make changes on my client

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:12 am

Are there any plans for FTR to work with CableCard and DRM in the US? Perhaps this could lead to a solution down the road when WMC is retired.
Greg