The original GB is now gone

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
Embiggens

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Embiggens » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Guys, maybe the lesson here is that the "real original" TGB is inside each and every one of us. Also Microsoft sucks. But more the first thing.

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:56 pm

Embiggens wrote:Guys, maybe the lesson here is that the "real original" TGB is inside each and every one of us. Also Microsoft sucks. But more the first thing.

Most of us probably have Microsoft to thank for our careers. Without their OS's we would be digging ditches? I love Mr. Softy overall.

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:07 pm

Ok just to be clear, that was just a joke.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:57 pm

Embiggens wrote:Guys, maybe the lesson here is that the "real original" TGB is inside each and every one of us. Also Microsoft sucks. But more the first thing.
I like that - but more the first thing.

I think. ;) :mrgreen:
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:20 pm

I missed this news at the time but this is indeed sad to hear and truly disgusting behaviour by Microsoft.

I have been a member of The Green Button in all it's various guises. Whilst it is true that the Expert Community had become ineffectual after Microsoft buried the forums and drove off the experts, it is criminal that they arbitrarily deleted 9 years of advice, tips and knowledge without warning.
A new site called The Windows Experts Community will be the place to find and collaborate with those knowledgeable experts. If you are a Windows Media Center enthusiast you’re probably familiar with a similar site called The Green Button that focused on Windows Media Center. TheGreenButton.com has been a great example of just that type of interaction I love to see with so many smart people collaborating to extend and personalize the Windows Media Center experience. http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/extr ... unity.aspx
Long live The Green Button.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:47 pm

MS heavily contributed to the failure of the original GB by hiding the content behind the user name/password requirements. I rarely use MS live except in the most dire circumstances and was only deflected from using their incarnation of the GB because of this.