6-Tuner HDHRP is coming!

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
User avatar
makryger

Posts: 2132
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:01 pm
Location: Illinois

HTPC Specs: Show details

6-Tuner HDHRP is coming!

#1

Post by makryger » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:30 pm

It looks like Silicondust is planning on release a real 6-tuner HDHomerun Prime (rather than just stacking two 3-tuner models into one, and making you buy two cable cards with two outlet fees). The best part? That it will cost a mere $150. The 3-tuner model will apparently be permanently brought down to $100.

They also have plans for overseas models, as detailed in the article.

Long Live Media Center!

http://missingremote.com/news/2014-01-1 ... st-ces2014
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

nick

Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

HTPC Specs: Show details

#2

Post by nick » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:45 pm

I'd definitely sell my 3-tuner model for a 6-tuner that only requires a single cable card!

RyC

Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:21 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#3

Post by RyC » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:11 am

Interesting. Hopefully they actually do release it Q2, aren't we still waiting for the transcoding HDHRP-4?

werds

Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:35 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#4

Post by werds » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:13 am

Cool! I wonder if a future version will come with the H.264 encoding at a premium cost? 6 tuner single cable card with the H.264 encoder would be quite the upgrade.

blueiedgod

Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:02 pm
Location: Amherst, NY

HTPC Specs: Show details

#5

Post by blueiedgod » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:37 pm

nick wrote:I'd definitely sell my 3-tuner model for a 6-tuner that only requires a single cable card!
Been using Ceton InfiniTV6 ETH since September. Got it on a deal for $260, and it has been as low as $250 recently.

If the SDHRP does indeed sell for $150, I will have a huge buyers remorse, but then again, I have had the leg up with 6 tuner, single cablecard network attached tuner for 6 months.

User avatar
UCBearcat

Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:08 am
Location: Cincinnati

HTPC Specs: Show details

#6

Post by UCBearcat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:49 pm

This totally makes up for the 4-tuner CC model that was supposed to appear in 2013. I never understood why they even bothered with a 4-tuner unit to begin with. Go big or go home!
If they can deliver a product as solid as the 3 tuner model for only 150USD, I'll definitely upgrade from my Prime(3). I'm planning to add a 3rd extender soon, so the 3 extra tuners (on a single CC) will be a welcome addition to my setup.
6 network tuners for 150 bucks - your move Ceton!

soccerdad

Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:29 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#7

Post by soccerdad » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Now what I hope for is a SD extender, with roku features like amazon and Netflix... It would go great with their new 6 tuner.

werds

Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:35 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#8

Post by werds » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:35 am

soccerdad wrote:Now what I hope for is a SD extender, with roku features like amazon and Netflix... It would go great with their new 6 tuner.
I would love that!
UCBearcat wrote:This totally makes up for the 4-tuner CC model that was supposed to appear in 2013. I never understood why they even bothered with a 4-tuner unit to begin with. Go big or go home!
If they can deliver a product as solid as the 3 tuner model for only 150USD, I'll definitely upgrade from my Prime(3). I'm planning to add a 3rd extender soon, so the 3 extra tuners (on a single CC) will be a welcome addition to my setup.
6 network tuners for 150 bucks - your move Ceton!
Yea, when I had seen that I was kind of confused as to the point when the competition was already at 4 and 6 tuners. Currently have just a Ceton PCie6, but If this 6 tuner HDHRP is as reliable as the previous generation and at the price I will definitely be scooping one up to add to the collection!

Diverge

Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:22 am
Location: Long Island, NY

HTPC Specs: Show details

#9

Post by Diverge » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:03 pm

I think the 4 tuner one was supposed to be a transcoding model. Sucks that the upcoming 6 tuner one isn't. It sounds nice to have, but I'm fine with 3 for now. Now if they release their transcoding cablecard versions, and there are actually any clients that make it worth buying one, maybe I'll move on from my 3 tuner model. Right now we are all stuck with WMC.

epete

Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:19 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#10

Post by epete » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:25 pm

blueiedgod wrote:
nick wrote:I'd definitely sell my 3-tuner model for a 6-tuner that only requires a single cable card!
Been using Ceton InfiniTV6 ETH since September. Got it on a deal for $260, and it has been as low as $250 recently.

If the SDHRP does indeed sell for $150, I will have a huge buyers remorse, but then again, I have had the leg up with 6 tuner, single cablecard network attached tuner for 6 months.

buyers remorse? Didn't we pay around $500 for a single stream ATI Digital Cable Wonder tuner that had little to no support and low sensitivity? I think you did pretty well.

blueiedgod

Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:02 pm
Location: Amherst, NY

HTPC Specs: Show details

#11

Post by blueiedgod » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:16 pm

epete wrote:
blueiedgod wrote:
nick wrote:I'd definitely sell my 3-tuner model for a 6-tuner that only requires a single cable card!
Been using Ceton InfiniTV6 ETH since September. Got it on a deal for $260, and it has been as low as $250 recently.

If the SDHRP does indeed sell for $150, I will have a huge buyers remorse, but then again, I have had the leg up with 6 tuner, single cablecard network attached tuner for 6 months.

buyers remorse? Didn't we pay around $500 for a single stream ATI Digital Cable Wonder tuner that had little to no support and low sensitivity? I think you did pretty well.

I did, I think I paid $300 or $350 for ATI DCT, and I had 2 of them. Luckily, I was one of the first Ceton InifniTV holders, and was able to sell ATI DCT's for $300 on ebay.

But, I think people have a higher chance of the Messiah coming back, before SiliconDust ships anything. This tuner has been "coming" for the last 2 years...

Jay

Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 pm
Location: Camp Hill, PA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#12

Post by Jay » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:40 pm

OK, we are now officially in the second quarter. What's the over/under on this coming out by June 30th?

User avatar
makryger

Posts: 2132
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:01 pm
Location: Illinois

HTPC Specs: Show details

#13

Post by makryger » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:09 pm

It's supposed to be released at the same time as the next ceton echo firmware update...:shock:
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

adam1991

Posts: 2877
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:31 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#14

Post by adam1991 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:53 pm

Well, we have to wait for ReplayTV HD first.

Jay

Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 pm
Location: Camp Hill, PA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#15

Post by Jay » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 am

Now June, countdown commences to June 30th. I'm thinking there's a 1:10 chance it's released by June 30th and a 0:10 chance that I can actually get one by June 30th. ;)

MediaCowboy

Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:40 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#16

Post by MediaCowboy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Well it's the 25th of June and I haven't seen anything about a 6 tuner cable card. Has anyone else?

signcarver

Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#17

Post by signcarver » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:16 am

There is some speculation that since both amazon and newegg are sold out at the moment that something might be up later this week.

NNate

Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:29 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#18

Post by NNate » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:22 pm

Now July... Still no news :(

hooraah

Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: West Palm, FL

HTPC Specs: Show details

#19

Post by hooraah » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:10 pm

When the first 3 tuner prime was in the works, Silicon Dust kept saying "Oh darn guys! Those people at cablelabs are holding us up. We've been ready, like really ready, for like, ever, but they keep delaying our certification. We're totally ready though!"

Makes me wonder how much of that was true. I would guess that if Ceton has a 6 tuner card, and they've already jumped through the cablelabs hoops, the hardware would be the least of their problems but I'm not a dev so maybe I'm wrong.

If I didn't already have a 3 tuner, I'd get the 6, but without transcoding I don't quite see the need. I have 3 separate HTPCs that share the HDHRprime, but each PC has 1 or 2 ATSC tuners I've picked up for $5-10 over the years and they only use the prime tuners for non-OTA stuff. I hardly ever hit the tuner limit.

Now, a 6 tuner with transcoding, so I can watch TV on my phone or tablet while out of the house would raise an eyebrow.

RyC

Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:21 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#20

Post by RyC » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:07 pm

I really wouldn't hold your breath waiting. I think we've learned by now that we have to take SD's release schedule with a grain of salt. The transcoding 3 tuner Prime was supposed to come out sometime around now last year, and we're still waiting :wtf:

Post Reply