Vote up XB1 extender functionality here

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
POPEPN

Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:11 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: Vote up XB1 extender functionality here

#81

Post by POPEPN » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Placed my 3 votes as well. A fantastic bit of functionality that is in the X360, but missing from the X1.

suttonb1

Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:45 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#82

Post by suttonb1 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:32 pm

I pre-ordered an XB1 Day One. It's back in the box collecting dust. Will sell it soon if extender services aren't added.

Diverge

Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:22 am
Location: Long Island, NY

HTPC Specs: Show details

#83

Post by Diverge » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:09 am

suttonb1 wrote:I pre-ordered an XB1 Day One. It's back in the box collecting dust. Will sell it soon if extender services aren't added.
I hear ya. Mine's sitting on my entertainment system collecting dust. I been think of packing it back in it's box. Too many consoles there, and the One serves no purpose for me.

Diverge

Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:22 am
Location: Long Island, NY

HTPC Specs: Show details

#84

Post by Diverge » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:10 am

suttonb1 wrote:I pre-ordered an XB1 Day One. It's back in the box collecting dust. Will sell it soon if extender services aren't added.
I hear ya. Mine's sitting on my entertainment system collecting dust. I been think of packing it back in it's box. Too many consoles there, and the One serves no purpose for me.

bmblank

Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:00 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#85

Post by bmblank » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:04 pm

Man, I wish I had disposable income like that, where I could buy something for $500 and let it collect dust.

User avatar
UCBearcat

Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:08 am
Location: Cincinnati

HTPC Specs: Show details

#86

Post by UCBearcat » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:54 pm

bmblank wrote:Man, I wish I had disposable income like that, where I could buy something for $500 and let it collect dust.
If you want a real good laugh - read some of the user submitted comments on the feature request page that this thread is based off of. People stating that they currently own 3 XBox360s, and they state that if the XBOne had extender functionality, they'd buy 3 of them to replace their current 360s.

Really?? You're going to buy $1500 worth of hardware. I can see purchasing 1 XBOne for the main entertainment room and leaving the existing 360s where they're at. But an XBOne on every TV at %00 bucks a pop. Sounds like overkill to me.

My household is a DINK, and even I can't justify that kind of money for a bunch of extenders.

User avatar
mark1234

Posts: 872
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:49 pm
Location: UK

HTPC Specs: Show details

#87

Post by mark1234 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:22 pm

I've never understood why people are so keen for a $500 extender that won't do anything that the already available $100 extender won't do.
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

jpickerell

Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:39 am
Location: Kansas

HTPC Specs: Show details

#88

Post by jpickerell » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:01 pm

We're getting close to 5,000 votes. Not too bad! DMZ picked up on it a couple of weeks ago so that might have gotten us a few more votes. http://thedigitalmediazone.com/2014/01/ ... ng-louder/

User avatar
holidayboy

Posts: 2716
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:44 pm
Location: Northants, UK

HTPC Specs: Show details

#89

Post by holidayboy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:28 pm

^ I sent an email, tdl too.

Anybody else we can contact?
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

DanB_DE

Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:58 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#90

Post by DanB_DE » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:31 pm

I will post it in the german mce Forum.

User avatar
woodchuck

Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#91

Post by woodchuck » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:54 pm

5000+. Wow.

milli260876

Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:56 pm
Location: Barnsley Sth Yorks

HTPC Specs: Show details

#92

Post by milli260876 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:46 pm

Lets twitterbomb the new CEO!!! @satyanadella
Lee

brantmacga

Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:08 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#93

Post by brantmacga » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:29 am

over 6000 votes now, and still no response from "cameron" other than the 'under review' tag.


in other news, someone suggested that xbox bring back the futurama tv series as an exclusive, and cameron seems to think thats a good idea.

http://xboxvideo.uservoice.com/forums/2 ... a#comments

duncane

Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Scotland

HTPC Specs: Show details

#94

Post by duncane » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:21 pm

I just completed the Xbox Survey titled "Make Your Voice Heard" that was emailed to me. Just for fun I put this below,

Image

Embiggens

Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:29 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#95

Post by Embiggens » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:39 pm

brantmacga wrote:over 6000 votes now, and still no response from "cameron" other than the 'under review' tag.


in other news, someone suggested that xbox bring back the futurama tv series as an exclusive, and cameron seems to think thats a good idea.

http://xboxvideo.uservoice.com/forums/2 ... a#comments
Yikes, that first comment is a little harsh! Personally, I think it's just an easy thing for 'cameron' to comment on in a nonbinding way.

User avatar
STC

Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#96

Post by STC » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:59 pm

This piece was a good read about the XB1 in general:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26325354

I especially liked these snippets which really sums up a lot of what Microsoft is doing in this space:
The Beeb wrote:Microsoft's long-term strategy is to make Xbox One the "hub" of the living room - a device through which people would watch TV and other entertainment as well as play games.
Mr Lovell wrote:"They're skating to where the puck was, not where the puck will be"
Lots of lots of lol.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Embiggens

Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:29 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#97

Post by Embiggens » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:07 pm

Yeah, pretty accurate. It's also clear they're making some of the same mistake they did with Windows 8- making something that works for the MS business, but not for the consumer.

That said, we're only at the beginning of the life for these consoles- let's see if they're able to make content deals with cable operators or content companies, while being able to drop the console price, over the next couple years.

IownFIVEechos

Posts: 696
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:29 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#98

Post by IownFIVEechos » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:37 pm

Well the 'Please be descriptive in your reason' section probably meant more than 1 sentence? They will probably discard it. I think the XB1 needs to be more than an extender. No one wants it to be an expensive extender? Don't we want it to be the actual Media Server? If I want to spend a ton of money on extenders I will buy Echos. Ohh wait I did that already. :sick:

duncane

Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Scotland

HTPC Specs: Show details

#99

Post by duncane » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:52 pm

IownFIVEechos wrote:Well the 'Please be descriptive in your reason' section probably meant more than 1 sentence? They will probably discard it. I think the XB1 needs to be more than an extender. No one wants it to be an expensive extender? Don't we want it to be the actual Media Server? If I want to spend a ton of money on extenders I will buy Echos. Ohh wait I did that already. :sick:
Is that about my post? You will notice a few things,

1. I said 'just for fun' realising they're not bothered.
2. They actually said Please be specific, I was pretty specific in 1 sentence.

:D

IownFIVEechos

Posts: 696
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:29 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#100

Post by IownFIVEechos » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:58 pm

duncane wrote:
IownFIVEechos wrote:Well the 'Please be descriptive in your reason' section probably meant more than 1 sentence? They will probably discard it. I think the XB1 needs to be more than an extender. No one wants it to be an expensive extender? Don't we want it to be the actual Media Server? If I want to spend a ton of money on extenders I will buy Echos. Ohh wait I did that already. :sick:
Is that about my post? You will notice a few things,

1. I said 'just for fun' realising they're not bothered.
2. They actually said Please be specific, I was pretty specific in 1 sentence.

:D
Your right I read it as 'descriptive' for some reason. You could not be more specific. My bad.

Post Reply