UK Freeview - HD programs showing HD icon

For country-specific questions and topics regarding Media Center
kramaring

HTPC Specs: Show details

UK Freeview - HD programs showing HD icon

Post by kramaring » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 pm

I recently upgraded the tuner card in my Win7 Media Centre PC. I went from a Hauppage NOVA-T 500 (dual DVB-T) to a Blackgold BGT3620 (Dual DVB-T & T2). This means I can now get the 4 Freeview HD channels (BBC1 HD, BBC HD, ITV HD and Ch4 HD). All the HD channels play and can be recorded without problems.

I noticed that in the guide listings the two HD BBC channels have an extra HD icon showing for all of the HD programs. Presumably this allows you to easily distinguish between the standard definition versions of the programmes and the HD versions
E.G. if I searched the guide for Miranda I'd see both Miranda and Miranda HD.

For some reason the guide listings for the other two channels (ITV HD and CH4 HD) do not show this HD icon.

Does anyone know why this is?
Is it just that the downloaded guide listings flag the BBC HD programs but not the others?

N.B - I live in the North West and receive my TV signals from Winter Hill - if that makes a difference.

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:23 am

kramaring wrote:Is it just that the downloaded guide listings flag the BBC HD programs but not the others?
Almost certainly.

There is no setting in Media Center that you can alter to cause the HD flag to appear for HD programmes on ITV HD and Channel 4 HD. The EPG is constructed by the EPG aggregator from data supplied to them by ITV and Channel 4. If the broadcaster does not provide the data, the EPG aggregator cannot include it in the EPG.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

kramaring

Post by kramaring » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:49 pm

Many thanks for the information.