Price of a used HDHomeRun PRIME?

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
john321

HTPC Specs: Show details

Price of a used HDHomeRun PRIME?

Post by john321 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:38 am

Hi all,

I just purchased a new Tivo system and all the parts to modify it to have 4TB of storage... and I looked on ebay to see how much I can sell my PRIME tuners.

I'm shocked! They're going for as much as I paid for them new. It looks like the average sales price was between $135-150. Are they really in such high demand?

I have two used units and one NIB somewhere around the house. Do you think I can get that much for them on ebay?

Also, how much do you think I can get for a used XBox 360 S? I have two of them (used to have more, but gave them away when I moved to an apartment). It looks like they average around $20.

Space

Post by Space » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:47 am

You can't buy new HD Homerun PRIME tuners anymore, so I guess the demand is high relative to the supply, although you should look at the auctions that "sold" rather than the currently active ones to get a better idea of what they are actually "going" for. But it does look like they are selling around that range.

I'd say you probably could get that for the used ones and probably even more for the NIB one, but if SD ever releases the 6-tuner PRIME, then I expect the price for these to go down, although how much depends on how good the new version is. I personally would be surprised if the new PRIME ever sees the light of day, but who knows...

john321

Post by john321 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:58 pm

Yes, I looked at "sold" listings.

I agree with you about it seeing the light of day. Just like the HDHR DVR with the ability to record copy-protected shows. This is why I finally gave up and bought a Tivo Bolt Vox and Tivo Mini Vox's.

john321

Post by john321 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:54 am

Ok folks... I've listed my tuners for sale on e-bay...

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12482