MB Combo: Q9650-Core2Quad @3gz, 8gb DDR2 and a Asus board

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

MB Combo: Q9650-Core2Quad @3gz, 8gb DDR2 and a Asus board

Post by DavidinCT » Sun May 01, 2016 7:35 pm

Hey all,

I upgraded my HTPC for pretty much no reason. I guess I am trying to move forward to support 4K or maybe some gaming but, in my upgrade, I'll be honest, I didn't notice any major performance boost in the system.

Anyway, I have the old Motherboard, Memory CPU combo sitting here and it would make a nice HTPC starting point for anyone. I think it's time to move it along as I don't need it for anything else. This system with a combo of a GTX750 was running 4K video and most streaming games with no problem at all.

This all comes mounted on the board fully configured, with some of the best thermal paste out. This would be a simple drop in a case, add HD and power supply and go..... The memory with this is the fastest memory tested for this montherboard and it's maxed out at 8gb. This also comes mounted with a very quiet fan, don't remember the brand but, It was like $35 when I got it.

Here is what comes with it
1. Intel Q9650 Core2Quad at 3ghz.
2. 2 sets of Kingstion HyperX (KHX8500D2K2/4G) DDR2 1066MHz - 4 X 2gb (total of 8gb)
3 Asus P5K-E/Wifi (built in WiFI) with Manual and back plate.

I priced the parts out, The CPU still ranges between $75 and 100, the memory goes for about $50-70 a SET (2x) and the motherboard still gets $50-80. Those are used prices, they go for a lot more new.

If it's needed, I have a old Nvidia 9500gs with HDMI out....I'll dump it in for free if you want it...

Asking $175 or best with Priority mail shipping. I need it gone but, figure that would be a good starting point.

Drop me a PM here or send me an email <my user name> @Hotmail.com Or you can get me on Twitter @TheCoolDave

If it's not sold here in 1 week, it will be going to ebay.
Attachments
0501161506_HDR-.jpg
Combo...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed May 04, 2016 1:59 pm

If your interested, make me a fair offer, It's packed in a box so well, that USPS could play kickball with it and I would bet it would survive.

It's ready to go, once someone confirms and pays, it will go out the next morning.

It will be going to ebay on Saturday if not sold here, I know I could make more off breaking it up, so I will try as a kit, no luck, I will break it up... it needs a home and would make a great WMC machine motherboard.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

STC

Post by STC » Wed May 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Just a word of caution if you intend to ship with heatsink attached.- take it off.

The G's the kit will endure puts a huge strain on the heatsink mounts and can break them. The mounts are designed to hold the heavy block of metal when the board is static, not in motion.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri May 06, 2016 10:11 pm

STC wrote:Just a word of caution if you intend to ship with heatsink attached.- take it off.

The G's the kit will endure puts a huge strain on the heatsink mounts and can break them. The mounts are designed to hold the heavy block of metal when the board is static, not in motion.
Thanks ! It's in a big box with about 6 layers of THICK bubble wrap... I am sure it would survive a 5 story drop off a building.

I see no interest here so far, if there is, make an offer, if not, TOMORROW it goes to ebay, I will start it a little higher but, a best offer thing..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat May 07, 2016 4:38 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/222110827605?

If interested, PM me here and we'll work something out...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:48 pm

Never updated, this sorry, this was sold
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave