Looking to buy unsued or new Windows 8.1 WMC key

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
praymond04

HTPC Specs: Show details

Looking to buy unsued or new Windows 8.1 WMC key

Post by praymond04 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:25 am

Hi,

I am looking to buy an unused Windows 8.1 pro WMC product key....I recently bought a product key from itfactory.ca, and was assured it would include the Media Center. To my surprise after upgrading Media Center was invisible.......The upgrade was from 8.1 to 8.1 pro only.

Can someone further assist me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Phil

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:38 pm

My suggestion would be to buy one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6832416806
Windows 7 had better media center support for extenders etc.

The other option is to find a person who already has a Windows 8.1 key to sell or a ebay seller selling a boxed version of windows 8 with WMC which are slightly rare.

The last option is to use the WMC Windows 10 and installer and use that to install it that way. The downside to this method is copy protected content will not play. On either Windows 8 or 10 but their is still working going on try to and get that resolved.

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:17 pm

praymond04 wrote:Hi,

I am looking to buy an unused Windows 8.1 pro WMC product key....I recently bought a product key from itfactory.ca, and was assured it would include the Media Center. To my surprise after upgrading Media Center was invisible.......The upgrade was from 8.1 to 8.1 pro only.

Can someone further assist me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Phil
I replied to your email.

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:30 am

I have a Windows 8.1 WMC key. I registered it and then rolled back to Windows 7. I'm in the process of switching everything over to Tivo. If someone wants to try it you are welcome to have it to see if it will work. Just send me an email and the first one I hear from I'll sent it for you to try.

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:20 am

The key I had is now in use by another member.