One bedroom apartment setup with WMC7

BiggAW

HTPC Specs: Show details

One bedroom apartment setup with WMC7

Post by BiggAW » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:26 am

My home theater:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1455835/one-b ... ment-setup

Everything is stock on WMC right now. It's only the one machine, living alone I don't really need any extenders!

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:33 am

So...many....damn.....remotes :P

You ever think of consolidating/saving space and such by beefing up the HTPC a bit to do game console emulations? Really I would say you just need a video card in there. Maybe a higher CPU if you find it's laggy. If you're too used to each console's own controller, I guess it would do you no good. But if you do, use a 360 controller for PC and you could retire the Wii, Gamecube and N64.

BiggAW

Post by BiggAW » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:01 am

staknhalo wrote:So...many....damn.....remotes :P

You ever think of consolidating/saving space and such by beefing up the HTPC a bit to do game console emulations? Really I would say you just need a video card in there. Maybe a higher CPU if you find it's laggy. If you're too used to each console's own controller, I guess it would do you no good. But if you do, use a 360 controller for PC and you could retire the Wii, Gamecube and N64.
Well, I already have the N64 covered by the Wii... but in any case, it's just not the same without the original system and original hardware. I just recently got up to a full suite of controllers on all three platforms. Plus, what's the point? I have enough room, and I have the video switching capabilities to handle all of that. If anything, the Apple TV or Roku would be rolled into the HTPC, although each has it's place (well the Roku at least, the ATV is kind of a POS). The Wii actually looks pretty good once it's run through the DVDO EDGE and run on all channel stereo with the Onkyo 7.1 channel receiver...

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:11 am

BiggAW wrote:but in any case, it's just not the same without the original system and original hardware.
Yeah, I hear ya on that. I'm just a sucker for 'one box to rule them all'.

BiggAW

Post by BiggAW » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:43 pm

staknhalo wrote:
BiggAW wrote:but in any case, it's just not the same without the original system and original hardware.
Yeah, I hear ya on that. I'm just a sucker for 'one box to rule them all'.
I don't mind having many as long as it's just the piece of furniture directly below the TV plus the HTPC on the side, and no more stuff sprawl.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:32 pm

staknhalo wrote:'one box to rule them all'.
My precious....... :sick:
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

BiggAW

Post by BiggAW » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:53 am

I see a lot of push to integrate on the video side with a multi-TV household, so that the content gets blasted out through the extenders, but games would only be on a primary screen anyways, so I don't really see the purpose...