Tuning Adapters FREE for Brighthouse subscribers!

For questions regarding Co-ax wiring, and to complain about your cable co.
barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuning Adapters FREE for Brighthouse subscribers!

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Beginning with your next month's billing cycle, Tuning Adapters will be free for Brighthouse Networks subscribers!

See the following link for details:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27109559-

They used to give them free for the first year, but now they will be free. Period.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:06 pm

This makes perfect sense to me... why should the cable company charge the consumer because the cable company forced this new technology on you to save them bandwidth?

Well, makes perfect "consumer" sense... I feel like most of the time, cable companies will add random pointless fees just for the sake of making more money.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:59 pm

makryger wrote:This makes perfect sense to me... why should the cable company charge the consumer because the cable company forced this new technology on you to save them bandwidth?

Well, makes perfect "consumer" sense... I feel like most of the time, cable companies will add random pointless fees just for the sake of making more money.
That was the argument I had with the guy from Brighthouse who monitors the DSLReports forum. The next day... he announced that they would be free starting next month. Not sure if my argument made the difference, or if they were already planning to make them free, but it's a good thing for us.