A week with Uverse

For questions regarding Co-ax wiring, and to complain about your cable co.
makryger

HTPC Specs: Show details

A week with Uverse

Post by makryger » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:06 am

So I was home for the holidays, and got to experiment with the Uverse system that my parents had installed a few months ago. I initially thought it would be like Media Center, but maybe a different skin, but its very different. I'm actually not a fan. The menus themselves are very difficult to navigate through. The look isn't as impressive as Media Center. The guide is ok, but nothing compared to Media center (with MCLv2). There's no high speed mode where you can still hear whats going on. No great access to other stuff on your network, like movies and such. The most annoying part is that the 30 second skip is very clunky. Its not instantaneous like with WMC.

Overall, while uverse certainly has a lot less set up and maintenance than media center, I'd take Media center over Uverse any day of the week.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

Venom51

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Venom51 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:50 am

Media Room is sh*t. Certainly as it's deployed in Uverse. In the Atlanta area the video is so highly conpressed it looks worse than non compressed SD. We have spent a few hours in the local AT&T store playing with it and comparing it to the product our compnay created and we support. We blow them out of the water all day long. The only thing they can out do us in right now is channel change times but we got a solution in the works to fix that one.