HD-PVR

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
wayner

HTPC Specs: Show details

HD-PVR

Post by wayner » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:58 pm

According to the Hauppauge website the WMC support for the HD-PVR is still in beta. Any reason for this? Is support for the HD-PVR likely to ever be improved, such as by supporting multiple HD-PVRs.

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:26 pm

If you are going to use and HDPVR use it with DVBLogic's DVBLink Server and Connect packages. Way better than the native Hauppauge solution.

wayner

Post by wayner » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:48 pm

I am primarily a SageTV user and I have had two HD-PVRs running in Sage for several years. One of my HD-PVRs appeared to have died so I bought a replacement. It turns out that it was only the power supply that died (this is a very common occurence) so I have an extra HD-PVR.

So I decided to try it in Win7 MC. Which DVB products would I need? Just Connect! Server or would I also need TVSource?

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Connect Server and the 1Geek1Tool HDPVR Bridge. That's currently in Beta at the moment but is pretty solid so far. Sage does the streaming model as well though so probably not much benefit to you if you are happy with the Sage setup.

wassupTC

Post by wassupTC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Not that you need this for the actual streaming of media; but if you're using Win7 MC, you'll also want to make use of the Guide Tool from 1geek1tool.com to get everything squared away in your Media Center channels database. It's technically free, but a small donation--the cost of a fast food value meal--will provide you with Backup and Restore functionality which if you have more than one PC streaming TV will pay for itself many times over.