Hauppauge HD PVR Setup Question

Goldfin

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge HD PVR Setup Question

Post by Goldfin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:04 pm

I've run Windows Media Center for 7 years using the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250. It worked great in bringing allowing me to view digital antenna channels and the analog SD Dish Network channels. I've been quite pleased.

Last month I upgraded Dish Network to the HD package. I purchased a Hauppauge HD PVR and installed it. I assume that it is configured corrected based on the fact that I can view HD Satellite channels via the 3rd party "Capture" software that came with the HD PVR.

To be clear, I removed the composite and audio cables from the Dish Network STB that connected to the WinTV HVR-2250 and instead connected the Dish Network STB via component cables to the HD PVR.

I also installed the Windows Media Center setup files from the Hauppauge web site.

When I re-run the Windows Media Center Setup, the HD PVR is recognized as a Digital Cable provider. I understand that is working as designed. My options beyond that, though, have me confused as there is no option for Dish Network.

Do I select a specific Digital Cable provider, even thought it's wrong and then delete and manually add all of the Dish Network Channels?

Any help regarding the recommended course of action would be much appreciated.

Thanks, -Goldfin

Goldfin

Post by Goldfin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:53 pm

Please disregard my earlier post. I now see that the HD PVR Media Center Files installs an application where you select the source (Cable / Satellite). Everything is now working as it should.

-Goldfin

texasex1998

Post by texasex1998 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:15 pm

hi quick question, what are you using to blast the IR commands?