New (Unwanted) Change To Add Recording Page?

JWA

HTPC Specs: Show details

New (Unwanted) Change To Add Recording Page?

Post by JWA » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:50 pm

Running Win7, digital antenna for OTA broadcast viewing recording only, NO cable TV etc.............

Did a new channel scan to assure my two-channel SiliconeDust tuner was working--all went well, strong signals etc etc. To my knowledge I didn't change anything settings-wise but now when in TV from the opening menu I see Recorded TV, Guide, Live & Search. Before this new channel scan Guide & Search were never an option from that page, screen grabs below:

Any idea what happened---me mistakenly activated those changes? What can be done to remove the Guide & Search buttons, what can be done to display the time/date/channel page when Add A Recording is selected?

Thanks in advance---completely outta my element here! :)

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:17 pm

I've never NOT seen what you're now seeing. Five years now with 7MC. It's always been that way.

Choosing "Guide" will give you time/date/channel page--it'll give you the Guide.

I never add a new recording from the page you reference. I always go directly to the guide, scroll left to highlight the channel, select it, then see the vertical list of every program in the guide for that channel.

I select the show I want from that list.

JWA

Post by JWA » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:00 pm

Well, I've also NEVER NOT seen a page, that being the one shown in my OP. For a variety of reasons I NEVER use any sort of online "guide" to select my recordings---that method doesn't allow for variations in broadcast scheduling, especially when a proceeding program runs longer than any "guide" indicates.

Never the less I found a solution-----------thanks all anyway!

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:42 pm

What was your solution?