Getting 5.1 sound from AmazonMCE plugin and Netflix?

nikleb

HTPC Specs: Show details

Getting 5.1 sound from AmazonMCE plugin and Netflix?

Post by nikleb » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:34 pm

I really like the AmazonMCE plugin!

I do have a question about 5.1 sound. I only get two channel sound from the plugin. I am getting 5.1 from my Ceton tuner and 5.1 or more from PowerDVD.

Should I expect form the plugin implemented in Silverlight 5.1 or is only 2 channel achievable?

(My HTPC is connected through HDMI to receiver.)

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:55 pm

I can't speak for Amazon in MC but Netflix will not provide 5.1 sound. Streaming inside of MC was always its greatest deficiency.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:53 pm

mcewinter wrote:I can't speak for Amazon in MC but Netflix will not provide 5.1 sound. Streaming inside of MC was always its greatest deficiency.
Agreed, Even with Blu-ray software (TMT and PowerDVD, last/current versions), running Blu-ray in WMC will give me only 5.1 audio but, NO TRUE HD audio. If I close out WMC and try again, I get TrueHD audio fine.

It's about WMC having Exclusive mode but, disabling it has some major effects in WMC....like no 5.1 for ANYTHING in WMC..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

nikleb

Post by nikleb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:11 pm

@MCEwinter: what Netflix app are you using to give you 5.1 within MCE? I thought the official Netflix app is dead? Or are you just talking about Netflix in general?

@DavidinCT: are you saying that you loose true HD sound every so often and that restring MCE fixes it? I don't have issues in general with PowerDVD12. But every so often something causes MCE to downgrade to stereo. Restart fixes it. A newer issue, I couldn't figure out what's causing it.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:29 pm

nikleb wrote:@MCEwinter: what Netflix app are you using to give you 5.1 within MCE? I thought the official Netflix app is dead? Or are you just talking about Netflix in general?
Not sure WHAT version he was talking about but, the Official WMC one IS dead but, there is a few different options available to get Netflix working in WMC and being able to control with a remote. There is even one that emulates touch screen settings for the 8.1/10 version.
nikleb wrote:@DavidinCT: are you saying that you loose true HD sound every so often and that restring MCE fixes it? I don't have issues in general with PowerDVD12. But every so often something causes MCE to downgrade to stereo. Restart fixes it. A newer issue, I couldn't figure out what's causing it.
No, 100% loss of TruHD audio if used in WMC. If I exit out of WMC completely, and run POWERDVD or TMT (I own both), it will work but, not in WMC.... I have seen it a few times working but, there was manual things I needed to do when playing a movie. It was not inset movie, use remote, get movie to play type thing.

So much of a problem, when I get a new Blu-ray, I just use "Rip N Compress" and rip just the movie to my library before watching it... then I get True audio with no problems and no loss of signal quality.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Read my response again. NO 5.1 sound in MC. I use a NVidia Shield or Chromecast. I didn't reinstall or resurrect Netflix in Media Center, every other offering is better than the Media Center offering.

@DavidinCT - I have never had issues with TrueHD with TMT3 and/or TMT5 Intel and AMD. Might just be a handshake issue with your equipment.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:06 pm

mce quick off topic: have you tried nexflit in 24p on the Shield?
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:58 am

STC wrote:mce quick off topic: have you tried nexflit in 24p on the Shield?
I have not.

nikleb

Post by nikleb » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:17 pm

I was wondering just in general if anyone experiences Amazon or Netflix in 5.1 on a MCE PC.
Both Amazon and Netflix offer 5.1. E.g. I would get 5.1 on a Roku or so.
From what I gathering there is no 5.1 on a MCE/PC possible for Amazon and Netflix. I found some references that it was possible with the native Netflix player at some point (no longer available). Or is this a limitation of Silverlight?

hvinc

Post by hvinc » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:09 pm

STC wrote:mce quick off topic: have you tried nexflit in 24p on the Shield?

I have. I got some judder and went back to 60p.

STC

Post by STC » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Thanks! Depends on content and TV of course.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123