HTPC won't sleep

chrisgnv

HTPC Specs: Show details

HTPC won't sleep

Post by chrisgnv » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:39 am

When I use my remote to put my Win7 Intel NUC 5i5 to sleep, it usually pops back on right away. I understand that it won't sleep if it has a recording scheduled but these are times when it doesn't. It should sleep.

I believe there are some power-saving related commands I can use to determine what's keeping it awake, but I don't know what they are. Can someone suggest trouble-shooting steps?

Thanks

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:42 am

First make sure only Magic Packets are set to wake in NIC settings. If that doesn't work/is already set run powercfg -lastwake right after it happens to see what it is that woke the computer.

chrisgnv

Post by chrisgnv » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:31 am

I looked and found that it was set to wake on Pattern Match. I disabled that and will monitor it for a few days. If that doesn't work I'll try the powercfg command. That's what i was thinking of when I wrote the request. Your reference to the NIC settings may have allowed me to cut to the chase.

Thanks

Space

Post by Space » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:54 am

You may also want to check if there is a BIOS update for your system. Especially if the release notes for the update indicate that it has any fixes for sleep states.

6athome

Post by 6athome » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:34 am

Had the same problem with computer on sleeping. Use the powercfg, (you can find it on other windows forums) to see what is keeping the computer from sleeping. Once that's done you can go to device manager and click on properties, go to power management , uncheck the boxes. My computer was waking up on the usb ehome IR remote, mouse and keyboard. Sweet sleep now