EPG collector settings for DVB-S/2

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
sorethumbs

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG collector settings for DVB-S/2

Post by sorethumbs » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi all
Has anyone set up a basic epg collector for media center in the uk on dvb-s/2. I would like to use it as a lot of the channels I can't get a guide for using the basic 'get latest guide' built in to media center. I've downloaded EPG collector V04 and installed it but I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the settings needed.

I would like it to run in place of the previously mentioned 'built in guide' and import directly into WMC. I don't want images for tv shows which I've seen in the settings but images for films would be nice (similar to images I get currently on most channels for movies)

I've seen a guide here https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index. ... ic=77177.0 but it seems to differ from the options I see in my version of EPG collector

If anyone could spare the time I would appreciate it

sorethumbs

Post by sorethumbs » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:32 pm

OK well after tinkering a bit I've managed to get the guide loading for all my channels so I can see what programmes are scheduled and movie art is loading for films.

Only problem is all the channels don't have any info on the programme, just say 'no synopsis available'. I must be missing something somewhere.

sorethumbs

Post by sorethumbs » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:03 pm

Oh honestly sometimes I give up, what a numpty I've got it working now

I created a new collection parameter and been trying god knows how many settings to get it to work. I've only gone and had the channels ticked in the channels tab as excluded not included.

What a moron