Weird guide issues after changing to CableCard

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Zuke

HTPC Specs: Show details

Weird guide issues after changing to CableCard

Post by Zuke » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:33 am

Just upgraded to a CableCARD tuner and had a whole load of DRM issues. Getting those taken care of meant clearing out everything we had in our recording queue.
Now that we finally have the TV signals working again, and guide information is accurate, I go to start adding our shows back in and things get . . . weird.

I search for "The Blacklist" and I get something else entirely. It doesn't have "black" anywhere in the name or the description. I put in DC and it doesn't find anything. I can actually scroll on the guide to find the show I want and tell it to record the series, but I can't find the show by searching for it by name. Even weirder, I figure that maybe the guide listings are out of whack, so I tell it to update them. It can't. I tell it to manually update, it can't. It says there are errors and it cannot update and I am stuck at 1 week of listings.

On top of that, I have the same issues as everyone else where the thumbnail for different shows has some random image that has nothing to do with the show I'm looking at. In a more humorous turn, some of Rovi's team seems to have been having fun in their descriptions of movies and shows. While it's kind of funny to have my guide tell me if a movie is boring or not, maybe it should let me be the judge of that?

Guide End Date: 2/1/2016 4:00:00AMM
Spanish Fork City Spanish Fork Digital
ID: 28494433
TV Signal: Digital Cable (CableCARD) 3 tuner

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:59 pm

Sounds like you need a Fresh Start. WMC has saved some stuff from your previous tuner (non CableCard I presume)

MediaCenterRecoveryTask will wipe out all that OTA stuff and WMC Setup CUSTOM will make everything new again.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 58#p100858