First click always goes to Recorded TV

dhwinner

HTPC Specs: Show details

First click always goes to Recorded TV

Post by dhwinner » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi All,

I understand this has been a long time bug, but I haven't been able to find any info on it, hoping for some help. While using a Ceton Extender or apparently any extender, after booting up, no matter what button is pushed, recorded TV menu comes up, then all button and navigation clicks work coorectly. It is driving me crazy. I want to fix this. Does anyone know anything about this?

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:43 pm

I have this issue with every fresh install and it seems to always sort itself out.

Press down or up to a different row then press right then back to the TV row...or something along those lines to manipulate yourself back to 'guide'. Once you successfully get MC to select the correct icon, the issue rarely crops back up. Good luck.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:18 pm

HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

dhwinner

Post by dhwinner » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:23 am

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated, and good to know that there are still MCE users out there. Being a well know bug, is there any resolve to this. For me, this problem hasn't worked itself out. It only happens on my extender and 9 out of 10 times always happens. Doesn't matter what I push or scroll, I am always taken to recorded TV 1st, then all works fine. Sometimes I get a spinning wheel after boot up, for a moment, like WMC is connecting properly, and all work as its supposed out of the gate. Very annoying, but I guess it is not that serious.