Video error on one channel

mmurley

HTPC Specs: Show details

Video error on one channel

Post by mmurley » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:26 am

So everything has been running okay for months, then suddenly last night I got the dreaded "Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working properly" afterwatching recorded TV all night. It was this way on all my Ceton Echo extenders.

Win7 Home Ulimate, Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH, three Echos.

Nothing seemed to fix it until I checked PlayReady - suddenly PlayReady wasn't there. WMC says it failed to update itself.

After reinstalling PlayReady and multiple restarts and tweaking (nuking the tuners, rediscovering them, etc.) I got TV back.

Now I go to watch the evening news. TV is on Fox. No issues with live TV on that channel. Go to recorded TV. Watch the recorded ABC news. then go to watch Jeopardy on live TV - ABC HD channel says "Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working properly"- but it's on in the living room! NBC HD works, but not ABC HD.

And it also shows "Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working properly"on my HTPC.

EDIT TO ADD - WMC is also asking if I want to set up my cable card - I click "set up now" and it crashes.

I don't let the HTPC update.

Any ideas?

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:18 am

Try a new cable card