Zalman HD160 case ?

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
pdean

HTPC Specs: Show details

Zalman HD160 case ?

Post by pdean » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:55 pm

I have a Zalman HD 160 case and for a while I used the built in remote receiver but then used 2 cable boxes so somehow I disconnected the receiver in the case and now I use a cable card which replaced my cable boxes so I would like to use the receiver in the case again but I forget how I turned it on and wondered if anyone could tell me what I need to do to get it working again. Also would the build in receiver work with a Logitech Harmony Smart Control remote system.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:43 pm

I have the same case. I don't use the VFD, or built in IR any more though.

It just plugs into a USB header on the motherboard from what I remember.

I have a feeling that there is also a pass-though connector on the VFD for the power button switch, if you want to be able to power off / on the PC with the remote, rather than sleep it (not much use for an HTPC!)

I'm pretty sure you need the IRTrans software for the receiver:

http://www.irtrans.de/en/download/windows.php

It should work with the Harmony, I used a standard MCE remote with mine without issue - once the IRTrans driver was installed.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

pdean

Post by pdean » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:54 pm

I am confused because I cannot get the receiver on the case to work and in Windows device manager everything is installed. When I disconnect the external receiver that comes with the microsoft remote I can do nothing with the remote. I tried installing the irtrans software from the link you mention and get no where. I had the case open recently to install an SSD and nothing seemed disconnected from the front of the case.

I believe I remember in the past having the irtrans showing in device manager under USB. I tried removing everything under USB in device manager and then rebooted and the same drivers were installed and the case receiver still would not work.