Unable to find device cable of tuning to a channel

shmoovecalv

HTPC Specs: Show details

Unable to find device cable of tuning to a channel

Post by shmoovecalv » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:52 pm

I pray I'm not asking a question that has already been asked but I could not find this question or an answer so here goes...
I currently have an HTPC running Windows 7 and Xbox 360 extender and I'm using HD prime tuner boxes. I have installed the my Media Center software on both my tablet and the HTPC computer. I'm able to set up recordings and see recordings from the tablet on the HTPC. When I try to play a recording I get the "unable to find device capable of tuning to a channel" error message on my device. I don't see an option to set up a device and I'm wondering if it's doing this because I'm using HDprime tuner boxes or am I not setting up the new software properly but I don't see an option in the software to set up devices so I need a little bit of help.

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:52 am

shmoovecalv wrote:I pray I'm not asking a question that has already been asked but I could not find this question or an answer so here goes...
I currently have an HTPC running Windows 7 and Xbox 360 extender and I'm using HD prime tuner boxes. I have installed the my Media Center software on both my tablet and the HTPC computer. I'm able to set up recordings and see recordings from the tablet on the HTPC. When I try to play a recording I get the "unable to find device capable of tuning to a channel" error message on my device. I don't see an option to set up a device and I'm wondering if it's doing this because I'm using HDprime tuner boxes or am I not setting up the new software properly but I don't see an option in the software to set up devices so I need a little bit of help.
My Media Center (MMC) wont actually "play" or allow you to watch any of your media on your tablet, however, it is a very good Remote Control software. You should be able to operate the HTPC from the tablet such as: turn on TV, change channels, turn on and change music tracks, select and play your Recorded TV and Movies.

Here is a link to everything you always wanted to know about MMC.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=63